January Transfer Window - 2022

MaVilla

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Could Coutinho have a domino effect in terms of the level of players we can attract?

I think SG is the domino effect, but certainly Coutinho coming on board as well has to intrigue any footballer.  We should be an extremely desirable destination moving forward, and that's unbelievably exciting.

Hoping the next announcement is Hickey.

Just now, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

I think SG is the domino effect, but certainly Coutinho coming on board as well has to intrigue any footballer.  We should be an extremely desirable destination moving forward, and that's unbelievably exciting.

Hoping the next announcement is Hickey.

It is exciting only thing that really bugs me is that Newcastle have changed the landscape.

Not sure we can compete with that level of investment.

• Like 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Anyway fancy guessing what out Jan transfer budget is? I assume that with Axel going that a CB is going to join us this window and it appears we are after a FB too. Add Coutinho and Bissouma to that list and we are spending a few quid more than I expected

I'd be surprised if we go over £50m. I could maybe see us push to £60m but think that would be about it. AEG and/or Trez would need to leave to spend any more. But £50-pushing-60m net

Coutinho is effectively free. (£6m in wages)

Hickey £15m

CB £15-20m

DM £25-30m

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I'd be surprised if we go over £50m. I could maybe see us push to £60m but think that would be about it. AEG and/or Trez would need to leave to spend any more. But £50-pushing-60m net

Hickey £15m

CB £15-20m

DM £25-30m

Think CB will be a loan and it'll be an Axel replacement rather than a real first team contender. 

LB could be a loan too if we go for Digne. 

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Hickey £15m

CB £15-20m

DM £25-30m

Bissouma would surely be 60m+, if it is true we are in for him. Maybe we are looking for loan to a conditional purchase as long as he doesn't get found guilty / locked up 

Just now, villalad21 said:

It is exciting only thing that really bugs me is that Newcastle have changed the landscape.

What have Newcastle done to change the landscape. If they get it wrong they could be in the championship come next season. Least of our current worries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villaglint said:

Think CB will be a loan and it'll be an Axel replacement rather than a real first team contender. 

LB could be a loan too if we go for Digne. 

okay, maybe if I reword the question. Any thoughts on the transfer fee value of the players that sign for Villa in Jan, be that loan or permanent

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They can't buy everyone... and NSWE have deep pockets as well.  Also, hopefully they get relegated.  Unless they go absolutely bonkers this window, I can't see them staying up.

Just now, Rightdm00 said:

What have Newcastle done to change the landscape. If they get it wrong they could be in the championship come next season. Least of our current worries. 

Also, Toon is owned by an investment fund that has lots of money, not all that money is for the Toon. There is no amount of money Toon could spend on players that NSWE could not match. 

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bissouma would surely be 60m+, if it is true we are in for him. Maybe we are looking for loan to a conditional purchase as long as he doesn't get found guilty / locked up 

Not a hope in hell BHA get that much for him. 18 months left on his contract. 

2 minutes ago, TheLegendOfLeonBailey31 said:

They can't buy everyone... and NSWE have deep pockets as well.  Also, hopefully they get relegated.  Unless they go absolutely bonkers this window, I can't see them staying up.

I do think we're as rich as we need to be but my only fear is Newcastle blowing everyone out of the water.

I'm absolutely desperate for them to be relegated.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I do think we're as rich as we need to be but my only fear is Newcastle blowing everyone out of the water.

I'm absolutely desperate for them to be relegated.

I think they probably will be relegated, and if not they’re still 3 maybe 4 years from assembling a quality side.