Villa Park - Atmosphere [merged]

MaVilla

5 hours ago, wedge said:

I actually thought it was pretty good last night in the first half particularly (I was in Lower Holte L1) and you couldn't really hear the Hibs fans much at all from where I was standing, especially considering we were 5-0 up on aggregate from the first leg, should be brilliant when LegIa and AZ come to B6, looking forward to it!

In addition, I thought the encouragement from the PA system starting HEITS at kick off was a good touch and got it going from the off, hope that continues!

The bit right before KO was fine but in general they'd be better off turning the entire PA system off, it's killing the build up a lot.

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Benteke debut

This was still the 2011/2012 season, I think it was very early in the year though, we lost 2-0, dyer and routledge with the goals

i do remember that game though, the benteke chip goal which opened his account for us, was a beast in that game 

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

This was still the 2011/2012 season, I think it was very early in the year though, we lost 2-0, dyer and routledge with the goals

i do remember that game though, the benteke chip goal which opened his account for us, was a beast in that game 

Lowton’s first volleyed goal for us too.  Not as good as his second one though. 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Lowton’s first volleyed goal for us too.  Not as good as his second one though. 

Haha yeah I remember that, I was lucky enough to be at Stoke right in front of the goal for that game

Edited by Villatillidie95

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Haha yeah I remember that, I was lucky enough to be at Stoke right in front of the goal for that game, just remember hearing the “thud” on the crossbar, amazing

Me too, that was special! 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Me too, that was special! 

I just rewatched it on YouTube now and there it Dosent hit the crossbar, i could have sworn it did!? but it was a good day out, the benteke goal near the end i remember. Stoke away is decent as they do free buses to the ground 

10 hours ago, wedge said:

Yeah we need to figure out how we're going to compete with that, can't we be allowed to bring in pyro just for these games? 😂

Just pure noise that’s how we compete. Think some of us need opera lessons to get rid of that brummie twang though 😉

14 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

I tried to get the Bells are Ringing going in the lower Holte and no one seemed to know it 

I've seen a few try it and fail. 

Odd how our main song can just die completely. 

• Sad 1

Hibs fans were great but there has been a real sea change in scotland after the UB at Rangers and GB at Celtic.  Fans from other clubs have seen (Or should i say heard) how those groups have transformed the atmosphere.  So now there are groups popping up everywhere in Scotland, Hibs having their own, Hears, Aberdeen and many more.  Of course it helps that the clubs seem much more open and relaxed about groups of lads getting together, here I'd imagine they'd be a lot of opposition within the clubs.  Plus theres still a weird attitude to 'ulra groups' or 'Supporter groups' in England.  But its been brilliant north of the boder.

Block 7 hibs

Meet Block Seven – The East Stand

Aberdeen

Rangers 'disgusted' by Aberdeen fan chants

celtic Green brigade

Celtic - Rangers 02.02.2022

Rangers Union Bears

Union Bears Rangers board protest as ultras group 'boycott' Raith Rovers  Scottish Cup clash - Football Scotland

Motherwell

Visiting Fir Park | Getting to Fir Park | Motherwell FC

St Johnstone

8d34e9d6038015b2303fb120745c996f.jpg

St Mirren

St Mirren fans with a display before a game

Dundee united

1664528828Stadium-Artboards-2-Wide.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well I wasn’t able to go to the game today so I got Villa to give my ticket to my brother.  I watched the game online and I can understand why those that don’t watch live think the atmosphere at Villa Park is crap.  

I spoke to my brother after the game and I asked him about the atmosphere and our experiences today was very different re that.  Definitely the crowd mic’s are in the wrong places because we sounded dead all game online and I know that wasn’t the case.  Somebody should fix that.  Will put fans meeting thread!

Atmosphere was good today esp after the goal. Villa park was fierce and thats what we need to make villa park like

What was really pleasing for me today was even when were losing the moaning and groaning wasnt happening like the says in the past. That can only be a good thing!

Well done to everyone there today

• Like 2

I'm back attending games at Villa Park this season after a couple years away and honestly I still think the atmosphere is one of the worst in the league. Was pretty much silent at 0-0, got quite rough at 1-0 down and then it kicked into life when we went 1-1 and obviously the 2 following goals. 

The whole players need to give us something excuse is a massive cop out. Villa Park atmosphere is just generally quite rubbish with a sprinkling of special games. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Atmosphere was good today esp after the goal. Villa park was fierce and thats what we need to make villa park like

What was really pleasing for me today was even when were losing the moaning and groaning wasnt happening like the says in the past. That can only be a good thing!

Well done to everyone there today

Great to hear, shame the online tv didn’t get that atmosphere imo. Gutted I couldn’t get there today, glad my ticket wasn’t wasted.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

I'm back attending games at Villa Park this season after a couple years away and honestly I still think the atmosphere is one of the worst in the league. Was pretty much silent at 0-0, got quite rough at 1-0 down and then it kicked into life when we went 1-1 and obviously the 2 following goals. 

The whole players need to give us something excuse is a massive cop out. Villa Park atmosphere is just generally quite rubbish with a sprinkling of special games. 

Just curious where you sit in the ground mate? I don’t see this generally sitting in the Holte.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just curious where you sit in the ground mate? I don’t see this generally sitting in the Holte.

Upper North. 

Might just be a me thing but its something I've thought more often than not throughout the years. 

It did sound really quiet on telly. First half all I could hear was Palace singing “football in a library”. The difference after our first goal was immense, the volume went up a few levels and the songs came out. “You only sing when you’re winning” is the phrase, I wish it wasn’t always the case for Villa. It’s hard when the game feels flat though, I’ve been at Villa Park countless times where you want to get behind the team but it’s quiet, and hard to get things going without the players inspiring it on the pitch. The thing is though, the fans can get the players going too. They say it all the time, a rocking Villa Park inspires them and fires them up. It needs to happen more. 

Easy for me to say sat at home, I know.

8 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Upper North. 

Might just be a me thing but its something I've thought more often than not throughout the years. 

I think the Holte does their part just the rest of ground but that’s always been the case.  The Upper North has always been a graveyard from what I’ve heard

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It did sound really quiet on telly. First half all I could hear was Palace singing “football in a library”. The difference after our first goal was immense, the volume went up a few levels and the songs came out. “You only sing when you’re winning” is the phrase, I wish it wasn’t always the case for Villa. It’s hard when the game feels flat though, I’ve been at Villa Park countless times where you want to get behind the team but it’s quiet, and hard to get things going without the players inspiring it on the pitch. The thing is though, the fans can get the players going too. They say it all the time, a rocking Villa Park inspires them and fires them up. It needs to happen more. 

Easy for me to say sat at home, I know.

doesnt sound like the tv at the ground, I’m shocked watching it today online after normally being at the ground and my bro confirmed the different views.  It has to be the mics

• Like 1

Â