Villa Carabao Cup 3rd Rd Draw

andykeenan

2 hours ago, QldVilla said:

Well at least we don’t have to worry about Abraham when we play them…

No he always seems to find a way to score past us, I am also glad he wont be against us.

21 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

No he always seems to find a way to score past us, I am also glad he wont be against us.

Yeah that new guy they bought Luka… something, he looks bang average. 🤣

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nothing we can do about the draw. You need luck of the draw to get these runs.

Yeah I know. But I still care, I still desperately want to win this. 

Different managers, but Chelsea typically put out a strong line-up for the early rounds of this. And, let's face it, their second XI is still dangerous. Will be a tough test for us regardless, unless of course they play Drinkwater and Barkley as a middle two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, useless said:

If we're going to win to the thing will have to beat Chelsea or a team as good as them eventually anyway. Same with qualifying for Europe, we aren't finna achieve that without getting results against the division's best teams at some point.

Not necessarily, the year we lost to Bradford in the semis, Swansea were waiting for us in the final had we won that game. (Swansea beat Bradford 5-0 in the final)

England almost made it to the world cup final without playing one of the big boys (getting knocked out by Croatia still wasnt a big boy)

It can happen by avoiding the big boys, I'd rather we get easier games and hope for shock results knocking the big teams out so you can avoid them completely.

• Like 1