Match Ticket Sales Dates

Ouchmefoot

I have searched through the official site and the app for details about when tickets are on sale for matches (I am a member and on the season ticket waiting list) but can't find anything.

I seem to remember a couple of years ago a table with dates on it for the whole season but as usual the app and official site are well out of date. The message is the same as when the pandemic started on the app.

Have I missed it or have they not done anything yet (with less than two weeks until our first home match)?

It’s weird. Newcastle tickets should have gone on sale yesterday (Friday) 5pm. 

The whole ticketing is a complete mess.  
We still haven’t been able to link kids accounts to the adults, or add the membership correctly onto the accounts, ticket office don’t pick up phones, and they’ve ignored emails for over a week now.

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I haven't seen anything - depending on the number of members, there might well be a ballot of members for some of our larger home games.

Well it's always been a first come, first served for match tickets. I'm usually poised at 5pm ready for tickets to come on sale but there don't seem to be any details anywhere when they will be available. 

The website and app really are a shambles. Out of date and lots of 'click below' when there's nothing to click. The contact Us on the Web page gives a 404 error. Sigh...

It’s pretty strange, not had fans at the stadium for so long it’s almost like they forgot about us…

Still when they do go on sale it’ll sell out in about 9 mins so all not lost. 

Mad to think in the Championship we had the upper Trinity closed for long periods of time. 

Edited by villaglint

Mrs and I would like to be able to plan the weekend. 2 weeks to go and we are sat twiddling our thumbs waiting to find out when tickets will be released for each criteria.

You've had how long to pin this. Just give us a rough idea when they will be on sale ffs.

It's a little odd that the dates aren't out yet, but I do wonder if it's just down to them having a rethink on how ticketing is structured and particularly on memberships.

For each home game, after you've taken away the season ticket holders, the away fans and tickets that the club keeps for players, sponsors, guests, Lions clubs, competition winners and the like, there will be about 8,000 tickets for sale for each game.

I'm not sure on the numbers for this summer, but last season we sold more than 20,000 memberships - if we make it a race between those people to buy tickets, then there's a likelihood that some of them, through circumstance, won't be in a position to compete in that race - there will be people in that group that can't be online and ready at 17:00 on a Friday. Those people have paid good hard cash for membership, and membership's main benefit is that it gets you access to tickets. I'm sure the club won't want a situation where someone has paid their money and doesn't end up making it to a home game.

It could be that the dates aren't released yet because Villa are going to do it a different way, it could be that they just aren't due to be released yet, it could be that we haven't sold many memberships, I don't actually have a clue, just speculating, but I think the club should be looking to tell people how they're going to do it, sooner rather than later.

My daughter's "Villan" membership is still not showing up on her account 5 weeks after I bought it (and she verified it) so I think there are problems with the memberships system. That may be the reason for delaying the sales to members.

Just had this through

The online sales window for Members is open at 5pm tomorrow (9th August) for the below fixtures:

*_Aston Villa V Newcastle_*
*Saturday 21st August 2021*
*Kick off 15:00*

*_Aston Villa V Brentford_*
*Saturday 28th August 2021*

5 minutes ago, Lions&Dragons said:

Just had this through

The online sales window for Members is open at 5pm tomorrow (9th August) for the below fixtures:

*_Aston Villa V Newcastle_*
*Saturday 21st August 2021*

*_Aston Villa V Brentford_*
*Saturday 28th August 2021*

I had the same - despite the email saying the 9th, it looks like it is actually tomorrow (Tuesday 10th) at 5pm

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Do they still have 'private boxes'? Wouldn't mind thinking I'm rich for a day. I've always wondered what's our capacity for the lounges and boxes combined? 

It's expensive to hire a whole box privately!  unless there are quite a few of you?

4 minutes ago, ender4 said:

It's expensive to hire a whole box privately!  unless there are quite a few of you?

I remember the North used to have a 4, 6 and 8 option.

Well my wench probably counts as a "few of you". 

28 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Do they still have 'private boxes'? Wouldn't mind thinking I'm rich for a day. I've always wondered what's our capacity for the lounges and boxes combined? 

I know someone with a box in the Trinity, iirc he said it was £20k - ish per season and seats 12

• Thanks 1

The Villa ticketing system makes me not want to buy tickets. The Claret Memberships have been a **** nightmare this year. Linking accounts a **** nightmare. We then have to wait until 12 days before the first home game of the season for any info about buying tickets and they put the wrong **** date on the email. Imbeciles. It's an absolute farce.

• Like 3

The membership system makes me not want to buy tickets, not that I'll have much chance anyway. I usually go with my parnrt and little brother. Like **** are we paying £120 for nothing of value other than to join the queue to buy some tickets. At least last time around there was a hefty chunk off your first ticket to offset the cost. 

It's a cynical, anticonsumer shakedown and I'm disappointed the fanbase has shown they're so happy to be exploited.

Edited by Davkaus

Â