Match Ticket Sales Dates

Ouchmefoot

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The membership system makes me not want to buy tickets, not that I'll have much chance anyway. I usually go with my parnrt and little brother. Like **** are we paying £120 for nothing of value other than to join the queue to buy some tickets. At least last time around there was a hefty chunk off your first ticket to offset the cost. 

It's a cynical, anticonsumer shakedown and I'm disappointed the fanbase has shown they're so happy to be exploited.

I disagree with this slightly. I'm okay with paying £40 which pretty much guarantees me a ticket for games I want to go to. 

What I'm not okay with is the system that is so inefficient it makes Tony Xia and Randy Lerner look like the definition of business acumen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

The Villa ticketing system makes me not want to buy tickets. The Claret Memberships have been a **** nightmare this year. Linking accounts a **** nightmare. We then have to wait until 12 days before the first home game of the season for any info about buying tickets and they put the wrong **** date on the email. Imbeciles. It's an absolute farce.

Another satisfied customer.

Our website has been shite for years and the linking of the  accounts has been confusing as hell. One of the few things the owners haven't yet improved on.

I think it shows despite the silly transfers fees and brand awareness, football is actually still quite a small time business.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Another satisfied customer.

Our website has been shite for years and the linking of the  accounts has been confusing as hell. One of the few things the owners haven't yet improved on.

I think it shows despite the silly transfers fees and brand awareness, football is actually still quite a small time business.

A personal issue of mine is my inability to get on board with things that should be so simple, yet are made ridiculously complicated. (See Pep in Champions League finals and his crazy tactics).

The Villa ticketing system is like this. Its infuriating. 

I am still baffled by the membership system. I think me and my old man are now linked digitally. 

But the girls it just refuses to do. Set them up brand new email addresses but it won’t link them to the fanid. Maddening will have to call them tomorrow but I’d guess there will be several 1000 others trying too. It’s amazing how badly wrong you can get things, imagine how many meetings and man hours have gone into this and yet still they’ve ended up with a system which could not be more complicated if you tried and even then doesn’t work. They’ve known about the issues for weeks. What on Earth are they doing! 

Edited by villaglint

I have no idea how I will buy tickets when I can’t link the kids to my account. 

When I tried to ring the ticket office last week they don’t pick up.  And they haven’t responded to emails from me asking them to link the memberships.

If it was any other business I’d be asking for a refund.

I don't go very often any more but it seems if I did fancy it, I can't get a ticket unless I shell out forty quid for a "membership". Is that correct?

And can anyone advise as to if this membership is a one-off charge or an annual con?

Eye thank yew.

14 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I don't go very often any more but it seems if I did fancy it, I can't get a ticket unless I shell out forty quid for a "membership". Is that correct?

And can anyone advise as to if this membership is a one-off charge or an annual con?

Eye thank yew.

Annual fee which you need to pay to have any chance of getting tickets for most games.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Eye thank yew.

Yep, £40 annual fee for new members or £32 for renewals. 

In previous years that also gave you £10 off a match ticket, so worked out around £22.  This year it doesn’t seem like you get the £10 discount.

• Thanks 1

Â