Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Craig will be fuming at this bit in the article: ( Skips his time with Phoenix Academy etc )

" Bailey started his journey in football with KRC Genk in Belgium before joining Bayer Leverkusen. "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Craig will be fuming at this bit in the article: ( Skips his time with Phoenix Academy etc )

" Bailey started his journey in football with KRC Genk in Belgium before joining Bayer Leverkusen. "

I can't say I'd blame him to be honest.

Why not just say "He came through the Phoenix academy as a youngster before starting his professional career at...".

Anyway, great news and a great way to reduce our annual amortisation and protect him as an asset for us to keep or sell for huge profit.

Hopefully he undertsand Emery's decision to bring him off more then the rest of us do.

I'm sure it will have its benefits for his fitness in our next game, just a shame it threw away the game against United.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I can't say I'd blame him to be honest.

Why not just say "He came through the Phoenix academy as a youngster before starting his professional career at...".

Anyway, great news and a great way to reduce our annual amortisation and protect him as an asset for us to keep or sell for huge profit.

Hopefully he undertsand Emery's decision to bring him off more then the rest of us do.

I'm sure it will have its benefits for his fitness in our next game, just a shame it threw away the game against United.

Agreed.

On the other bit, Emery's reasoning was that he wanted to keep BOTH Leon and Moussa on, then Kamara got injured, so he had to make the change and decided to leave on the fresher player I guess.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It annoys me no end that Bailey still has his critics, what more can a player give, without doubt, he has been our most consistent player and the stats speak for themselves. 

He's odds on for our player of the season, imo. Today's news is just the icing on the cake. 

Don - Dadda, long may you reign!

Who’s criticising him now? Have only seen positivity around/about him this season, probably got the most praise alongside Luiz and he’s fully deserved it…

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Who’s criticising him now? Have only seen positivity around/about him this season, probably got the most praise alongside Luiz and he’s fully deserved it…

If the cap don't fit, then it's all good. 

But I've noticed some who seem more happy criticising him, than praising him. Just my observation. 

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

If the cap don't fit, then it's all good. 

But I've noticed some who seem more happy criticising him, than praising him. Just my observation. 

Proving the doubters wrong… just like he said he would…

Talk now! 😂

Another positive with the Leon contract, it's the perfect antidote to yesterday's disappointment. It reinvigorates the feeling of togetherness amongst the squad, especially at a time when they need it most. Hopefully, this journey has many, many more miles left and the manager is determined to see it through and take us to the heights we so desperately wish for.

This squad can only get better, and with a few more quality additions, I am confident we will become the successful team Emery is aiming for.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is that Kamara has done his ACl and will be out for a year and top 4 has well and truly gone.

On a more positive note, the good news is, I've been promoted, so... every cloud.

You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

david_hips_640.jpg

Edited by rodders0223
  • Haha 3

His footwork lately is just obscene, always a threat and a joy to watch. Just wish Cash would put him through more often instead of cutting back. I know that’s the game plan and all but as an English football fan of 30 odd years I sometimes just want to see all out attack, attack, attack! 

Bailey has genuinely turned into one of the best wingers the club has ever had; he reminds me of Young in his peak now where everytime he gets the ball you expect him to create something. 

My concern is the early substitutions as it weakens us when he leaves the pitch, I don't know if he's carrying a knock or if it's a concern that we are now hugely reliant on him and need him fit. Emery could also be simply trying to play Diaby into form again, but I would rather be doing it 2 or 3 goals up.

Superb player and just hope this form continues.

17 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

My concern is the early substitutions as it weakens us when he leaves the pitch, I don't know if he's carrying a knock or if it's a concern that we are now hugely reliant on him and need him fit. Emery could also be simply trying to play Diaby into form again, but I would rather be doing it 2 or 3 goals up.

Superb player and just hope this form continues.

I've started to realise that, recently, he is actually putting in monumental shifts.

Some of his runs are lung busting, and he also does alot more defensive work also.

Unfortunately, not everyone is built with the iron lungs of Meatball and Ollie.

This may get better over time. However you assume that for him to stay at the peak of his powers he needs a certain level left in the tank 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've started to realise that, recently, he is actually putting in monumental shifts.

Some of his runs are lung busting, and he also does alot more defensive work also.

Unfortunately, not everyone is built with the iron lungs of Meatball and Ollie.

This may get better over time. However you assume that for him to stay at the peak of his powers he needs a certain level left in the tank 

I would say his stamina is getting better. He is doing better work in better areas.  Ollie has iron lungs for some reason.  He is built for fast short distance running but somehow got the  lung gene. 

Mccginn the same

In that he is different from what u would expect. He is buillt for going long distances but can do short ones quite wonderfully as well

• Like 1

Â