Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

8 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

Yes it’s an odd one for sure - For me Bertie is our most naturally gifted footballer, but for whatever reason Unai does not fancy/trust him.

I agree.  For me its Leon is now showing the graft needed that UE demands- in addition to the production/technical skill.  Bertie has never had that graft.

23 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

Yes I agree - I truthfully don’t see him as a regular starter.

I guess he is like many wingers before him, he is consistently inconsistent.

I don’t think I will ever be one of his staunchest fans, but if he can replicate todays impact on a regular basis - he might just become our very own David Fairclough 

Was he the fella from Coronation Street who was married to Rita and got done for noncing kids in a swimming pool?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I have absolutely no idea - I haven’t watched a soap in years tbh.

sorry fella, he was in it from 1961 to 1983 and thought you might get deliberate joke reference to Fairclough who was the Liverpool super sub around the same time, one for the 50 plus VT'ers

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

sorry fella, he was in it from 1961 to 1983 and thought you might get deliberate joke reference to Fairclough who was the Liverpool super sub around the same time, one for the 50 plus VT'ers

I actually did get the joke reference - just couldn’t think of any funny come backs 👍🏻😃

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just saw this stat, sorry can't link.

" ⚽️ Most goals and assists per 90 in the Premier League this season (5+ required):

🥇 Leon Bailey - 1.58
🥈 Erling Haaland - 1.41
🥉 Callum Wilson - 1.31
🏅 Mohamed Salah / Darwin Nunez - 1.20
🏅 Alexander Isak - 1.09 "

Doesn’t surprise me considering he impacts the game from the bench against tired opposition who are usually chasing the game. Not a criticism. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

" ⚽️ Most goals and assists per 90 in the Premier League this season (5+ required):

🥇 Leon Bailey - 1.58
🥈 Erling Haaland - 1.41
🥉 Callum Wilson - 1.31

It's a fantastic stat.... and while you might say "it's working why fix it", I do think he should get a start here and there in the PL...  and I think he will in December.  Also think him coming on straight out to start the 2nd half versus waiting for the 60th minute isn't a bad option depending on what the situation is.  He's be terrific this year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

🥇 Leon Bailey - 1.58
🥈 Erling Haaland - 1.41
🥉 Callum Wilson - 1.31

Bosh ! Superb stat 

Watching Jamaica Vs Canada ( Being played in Jamaica )

Pitch is absolutely horrendous just hope he gets through injury free. Just had a bad slip which brought up a huge chunk of the pitch with mud ( Rained yesterday )

Also trying a have a look at Johnathan David for Canada

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

I've never watched a match involving Leon bailey where he hasn't been down needing treatment

Think he's a wee bit precious sometimes

I'm sure he's fine

IF genuine this wasn't a contact injury in fairness.

He was holding his hamstring.

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

I read he was fine and was just time wasting tactics. 

It was a bit cringe watching my boys attempt Unai/Emi Martinez tactics, and executing them very poorly.

They'll never be up for any acting awards I'll tell you that much 😂

Â