Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

40 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

I can't wait to see him get mandhandled and bullied by Gabriel this weekend....

Hopefully Duran starts because i'm fed up of seeing this guy flailing around like a wet noodle.

You can't wait to see a Villa player play poorly?

Stranfe

35 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Maybe. Followed by how many crap games? 4-5? 6-7 before he has another goal involvement?

We need to get rid while he still has some sort of value and reputation in the game. The lad is wank.

The problem is, if he does score, everybody (me included at times) will be backing him saying, 'he's turned a corner' etc. 

In reality of course, like you say, he'll follow it up with about 6 piss poor performances. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey is a better footballer than Trezeguet, but who is more effective? In fact, you can throw Traore and el Ghazi into the frame too. I'd argue El Ghazi is the best of a bad bunch. 

None of these players are good enough to improve us. Bailey is just another player we've spent loads of money on who isn't as good as we thought he was. Might make it as a PL player, but on current viewing, it'll be for a team at the foot of the table. 

We really need to go out and buy a decent winger in the Summer who plays well once every 2/3 matches rather than once every 5/6 matches. 

Get rid of the lot of them I say. You can throw Buendia in there too. None of them are at the level we require, no matter how many straws villa fans continue to clutch onto. 

The purpose of AEG and Trez was to keep us up and they succeeded and have been moved on.

Traore was bought into take us up from relegation candidates to mid table and he succeeded (imo). 

Bailey was bought into take us into top half of the table but he hasn’t hit the regular performances required. 

9 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

The purpose of AEG and Trez was to keep us up and they succeeded and have been moved on.

Traore was bought into take us up from relegation candidates to mid table and he succeeded (imo). 

Bailey was bought into take us into top half of the table but he hasn’t hit the regular performances required. 

I'm not sure about this. I get that it's hard to attract a calibre of player when you first get promoted, just not sure we brought them in just to survive and then bin off. Fair point though.

Disagree on Traore. Grealish was the reason we finished 11th that season. He was probably the best player in the league at times that year. We overspent on Traore, proven by the fact we have to pay his wages at some obscure Turkish club because nobody else wants him.

Agreed. Bailey is poor. It's as simple as that. Buendia, Bailey and Ings were brought in with the Grealish money - Purslow himself alluded to this - and all have underwhelmed. Bailey probably the most of the three.

I don't think he's crap but certainly has struggled to adjust since he arrived. He was streaky for Leverkusen in terms of performances but it was more of a 2 or 3 good, 2 or 3 bad thing unlike the 1 good, 7 or 8 bad that we're seeing. 

Definitely enough of a player there to work with IMO but whether he's truly an Emery player, or if the club want to persist with him, jury's out. 

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Not good enough, granted, but he had a bit of grit....more than Bailey has.....and he knew the value of the back post for goals.

I am not saying he was more talented than Bailey, but he had attributes, Bailey has not.

If I was in the trenches, I'd pick Trez over Bailey.

That back post stuff is nonsense TRO - it takes no skill whatsoever just to make a run towards that  part of the penalty box.

Trez is a truly awful footballer with hardly any talent.

Yes you are probably correct about him having more grit than Bailey, but that’s not really a glowing endorsement is it?

Both terrible and should never have got anywhere near a Villa shirt imo 👍🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Bailey is a better footballer than Trezeguet, but who is more effective? In fact, you can throw Traore and el Ghazi into the frame too. I'd argue El Ghazi is the best of a bad bunch. 

None of these players are good enough to improve us. Bailey is just another player we've spent loads of money on who isn't as good as we thought he was. Might make it as a PL player, but on current viewing, it'll be for a team at the foot of the table. 

We really need to go out and buy a decent winger in the Summer who plays well once every 2/3 matches rather than once every 5/6 matches. 

Get rid of the lot of them I say. You can throw Buendia in there too. None of them are at the level we require, no matter how many straws villa fans continue to clutch onto. 

You don't think Buendia and Traore are effective?

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If they were, we wouldn’t be 11th and one wouldn’t have struggled to get a game in the Turkish league. 

Both won’t be the side next year anyway. 

Madness. If Traore got 14 goal contributions and that's not effective. How many are?

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Madness. If Traore got 14 goal contributions and that's not effective. How many are?

And over 80 career goals in top flight leagues and European competitions sure some where in “lesser leagues”  but it’s only 30 odd less than Danny Ings who’s probably scored half his goals in league 1 and the championship.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm not sure about this. I get that it's hard to attract a calibre of player when you first get promoted, just not sure we brought them in just to survive and then bin off. Fair point though.

Disagree on Traore. Grealish was the reason we finished 11th that season. He was probably the best player in the league at times that year. We overspent on Traore, proven by the fact we have to pay his wages at some obscure Turkish club because nobody else wants him.

Agreed. Bailey is poor. It's as simple as that. Buendia, Bailey and Ings were brought in with the Grealish money - Purslow himself alluded to this - and all have underwhelmed. Bailey probably the most of the three.

Do you have to hijack every thread with this broken record rant?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ChesterDad said:

That back post stuff is nonsense TRO - it takes no skill whatsoever just to make a run towards that  part of the penalty box.

Trez is a truly awful footballer with hardly any talent.

Yes you are probably correct about him having more grit than Bailey, but that’s not really a glowing endorsement is it?

Both terrible and should never have got anywhere near a Villa shirt imo 👍🏻

I would suggest, you take a forensic look at most games.....its a prospectors dream, the back post....Leon could double his tally, with a bit of football awareness.

So many goals are scored from that position, so I disagree with what you say.

You say, it takes no skill, its about football savvy.....we don't tap in enough, both defensively or offensively....its laughable to say it takes no skill, so why don't we do it, more, when it reaps rewards.....Trez is one who did.

We concede there an unhealthy amount of times, and are not prolific there either.

Edited by TRO

20 hours ago, villa89 said:

Nah, he's just a pussy. He's scared of any physical contact and collapses in a heap any time he's touched. Sadly for him football isn't a non-contact sport.

spot on.....Dominoes is his game.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I would suggest, you take a forensic look at most games.....its a prospectors dream, the back post....Leon could double his tally, with a bit of football awareness.

So many goals are scored from that position, so I disagree with what you say.

You say, it takes no skill, its about football savvy.....we don't tap in enough, both defensively or offensively....its laughable to say it takes no skill, so why don't we do it, more, when it reaps rewards.....Trez is one who did.

We concede there an unhealthy amount of times, and are not prolific there either.

Yeah  We’ll agree to disagree on this one TRO and Trez remains a truly awful footballer 👍🏻

Â