Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

Of what I seen he didn't do too much but at least he played the full game.

Finished 1-1. Jamaica keeper made a mess of a corner and dropped it into his own net.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

It must be so frustrating for Jamaican football fans that they can't get a proper team together too often. The amount of good players who have only been capped the odd few times is mad. 

If everyone was available they could have this team out.         

Andre Blake

Wes Harding      Liam Moore        Ethan Pinnock    Amari'i Bell

Kevin Stewart       Daniel Johnson

Leon Bailey                                                  Bobby Decordova-Reid

Michail Antonio             Kemar Roofe

That would be a team on a level that would be on a similar level to most mid ranking World cup teams.

With plenty of depth at centre back and up front too.

It seems some players sign up and then after a few caps dont bother with the hassle of travelling. Maybe pressure from the club or a poorly run FA

46 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Of what I seen he didn't do too much but at least he played the full game.

Finished 1-1. Jamaica keeper made a mess of a corner and dropped it into his own net.

The technical term for that is a Nyland 😛

Didn't watch the match, but good to know he played the full 90.

Problem is, now if he ever goes down ( Even in the normal way a player does after a tackle etc ) it's going to gather attention and trolling due to his new " reputation ".

Hope he makes it through. As noted, his summer needs to be spent in the gym IMO!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Really shouldn't be playing international football after the season he has had. He should be on a strength and conditioning programme. Not playing on what I presume are terrible football pitches.

Yeah Concacaf pitches, barring the likes of USA and Mexico are pretty shite and injury bait to be fair 

I’m pretty sure that we’ll have implemented a strength and conditioning program for him, as with all our players, until pre-season starts.

Will be a big season ahead for him and pretty much a sink or swim scenario. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Didn't watch the match, but good to know he played the full 90.

Problem is, now if he ever goes down ( Even in the normal way a player does after a tackle etc ) it's going to gather attention and trolling due to his new " reputation ".

Hope he makes it through. As noted, his summer needs to be spent in the gym IMO!

Now that El Ghzi, Hourihane and Targett have gone, we have the new player that is called mentally weak on Villatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Now that El Ghzi, Hourihane and Targett have gone, we have the new player that is called mentally weak on Villatalk

Targett isn’t gone. He was too mentally weak to secure a permanent transfer out of here.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah Concacaf pitches, barring the likes of USA and Mexico are pretty shite and injury bait to be fair 

A lot of MLS pitches are bad too. One of the things about the league that drives me up a wall is how many teams play on artificial grass. Cheapens the game, imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

A lot of MLS pitches are bad too. One of the things about the league that drives me up a wall is how many teams play on artificial grass. Cheapens the game, imo.

Isnt that because of weather conditions though. It stops games being called off for poor conditions. They do it a lot in Scandinavia as well and think Russia

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Isnt that because of weather conditions though. It stops games being called off for poor conditions. They do it a lot in Scandinavia as well and think Russia

The league plays during the spring/summer/fall. The weather is no different here than in the UK. 

They play on artificial turf because many teams play in stadiums not built specifically for the sport. Also, because it's cheaper, and MLS is as cheap as it gets unless you're an aging star from Europe looking for a casual retirement. 😂

3 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

The league plays during the spring/summer/fall. The weather is no different here than in the UK. 

They play on artificial turf because many teams play in stadiums not built specifically for the sport. Also, because it's cheaper, and MLS is as cheap as it gets unless you're an aging star from Europe looking for a casual retirement. 😂

What do they do in Winter and Autumn? 

tenor.gif

Edited by sidcow

Â