Aston Villa vs Nottingham Forest - 28.07.21 @ 13:00 (Bodymoor Heath)

MaVilla

Obviously this was unavoidable due to Covid and it really doesn't look great for the new season, we all know Delta is more virulent and is going to cause havoc with fixtures, and God knows what impact the fans returning will have on the clubs at large. I expect big disruption through the season, particularly the winter months when it's harder to avoid and manage outbreaks.

In the context of our preseason however, it strikes me that our prep is just not adequate. We were already a bit thin with just 5 friendlies IMO, now we're down to 4, one of which was the Walsall game where everyone bar Steer played a maximum of 45 minutes. I worry our boys will be nowhere near prepared for the new season.

50 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Don't believe that. Must have something to do with Grealish :ph34r:

It certainly seems like bad news doesn't it.  Ah well, we invest the money and move on.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Obviously this was unavoidable due to Covid and it really doesn't look great for the new season, we all know Delta is more virulent and is going to cause havoc with fixtures, and God knows what impact the fans returning will have on the clubs at large. I expect big disruption through the season, particularly the winter months when it's harder to avoid and manage outbreaks.

In the context of our preseason however, it strikes me that our prep is just not adequate. We were already a bit thin with just 5 friendlies IMO, now we're down to 4, one of which was the Walsall game where everyone bar Steer played a maximum of 45 minutes. I worry our boys will be nowhere near prepared for the new season.

Aren't the rules changing 16th August around isolating after contact?  I expect all players will be double jabbed by then so a case in the camp won't have such a massive impact as now.  Only the first round games may be impacted.

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Aren't the rules changing 16th August around isolating after contact?  I expect all players will be double jabbed by then so a case in the camp won't have such a massive impact as now.  Only the first round games may be impacted.

Not to go wildly off-topic, but in fairness you're making some assumptions there about the nature of the vaccine and the trend of the variants moving forward. You don't know that everyone being double-jabbed will allow clubs to continue to operate as normal if there's been a confirmed case, that picture could change very quickly.

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Not to go wildly off-topic, but in fairness you're making some assumptions there about the nature of the vaccine and the trend of the variants moving forward. You don't know that everyone being double-jabbed will allow clubs to continue to operate as normal if there's been a confirmed case, that picture could change very quickly.

I'm not making assumptions about anything.  I'm stating the fact that the rules are changing on 16th August.

Unless the Government changes the rules again, as I understand it the need to self isolate is removed if youve been double jabbed.

Yes they could change their minds again but that seems unlikely

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57998247

Covid: Self-isolation rule changes on 16 August 'nailed on' - PM

The end of remaining coronavirus rules in England on 16 August is "nailed on", Boris Johnson has said.

In an interview with radio station LBC, the prime minister said no review was needed before lifting the last restrictions.

From 16 August, fully-vaccinated people will no longer have to self-isolate if a contact tests positive for Covid.

The next date to remove remaining restrictions in England is 16 August, when people who are double-jabbed - as well as unvaccinated under-18s - will not need to self-isolate if they come into contact with a positive case. Instead they will be encouraged to take a PCR test.

Currently, everyone has to self-isolate if contacted by NHS Test and Trace, unless they're on a list of critical workers. Anyone "pinged" by the app and told to self-isolate is advised - but not legally obliged - to self-isolate.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I'd better happy to watch a villa 11 Vs villa 11 to be honest ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They'd never do that. Imagine if one of the young ones injured someone like Buendia by accident for all to see.

Â