Sarah Mayling

Dave-R

The team is fast being rebuilt.   And another one from B'ham City!

Aston Villa Women are pleased to announce the signing of Sarah Mayling on a two-year deal.

The 24-year-old re-joins the Club having spent the past four-and-a-half seasons at Birmingham City.

Mayling operates up and down the right-hand side, and recently received the Players’ Player of the Season award at City.

Mayling, a lifelong Villa fan, has also represented England at Under-17s level through to their Under-23s.

Manager Carla Ward said: “Having worked with Sarah last season, I’ve seen the quality she possesses.

She’s athletic, versatile, and can make things happen wherever she plays.”

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/july/Sarah-Mayling-joins-Villa-Women-/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Yes it is, I've a feeling were getting ready to compete on all levels mate.

It's exciting that were snapping up talent while the prices are low, maybe the Owners and those around the Owners see a massive surge in popularity for women's football happening.

I'm excited for the women's team and see what they can do on the same level as the men's really Ender.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Was originally ours though. 

I wondered if this might happen.  They were a strong women's team till the last couple of years. We're probably picking up the last couple of decent players they have left. 

I expect most of them will want to abandon ship. They will be nailed on for relegation I expect, the plug has been well and truly pulled. 

I don't have massive interest in women's football but any squad connected to Villa I want to be successful.  Aston Villa in all it's forms should be eating at the top table. 

The fact that Blues have had a more successful women's team than us for years is just something that had to be corrected. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another one in!  We really aren’t messing about.

Love the fact that we’re working top to bottom as professionally as we can and treating all teams with the respect they deserve.

Looking forward to seeing what we can do this coming season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Was originally ours though. 

I wondered if this might happen.  They were a strong women's team till the last couple of years. We're probably picking up the last couple of decent players they have left. 

I expect most of them will want to abandon ship. They will be nailed on for relegation I expect, the plug has been well and truly pulled. 

I don't have massive interest in women's football but any squad connected to Villa I want to be successful.  Aston Villa in all it's forms should be eating at the top table. 

The fact that Blues have had a more successful women's team than us for years is just something that had to be corrected. 

Good post Sidcow.

I agree we shod be at the top of everything Villa are in.

I enjoyed watching the Villa Ladies team last season, although we struggled alot the passion that our female star had was pretty amazing. I could imagine the tone they are setting for younger females who want to get into the game.

Next season will be big for this team, maybe Carla feels as though she has the backing at villa that's why she came here and jumped ship. She should be able to get the team she wants at Villa where at City she would of struggled I bet for funding, we will see, hopefully she can be more successful with her team at Villa.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Poached her from the blues 

Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

Maybe worth having a look and commenting in there forums just to take the piss abit more.

5 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Another one in!  We really aren’t messing about.

Love the fact that we’re working top to bottom as professionally as we can and treating all teams with the respect they deserve.

Looking forward to seeing what we can do this coming season.

It's war on all front, our Owners, chiefs and club is getting some pay back for the decades of stress and downers we've endured.

It's payback time and were coming with a sting.

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

Lifelong Villa fan?  Well she needs a good wash before we take her back considering where she's been.

It's different.

The rivalry really isn't there in the women side.

They hired a manager from blues and a bunch of the players have a past there and nobody gives a f***

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Lifelong Villa fan?  Well she needs a good wash before we take her back considering where she's been.

I've known her dad for years and the family are massive Villa fans, my eldest was at Junior and Middle School with her....believe me they are very happy she is back!

• Like 4

Just now, Walmley_Villa said:

I've known her dad for years and the family are massive Villa fans, my eldest was at Junior and Middle School with her....believe me they are very happy she is back!

Really, that is fantastic then and great you know her dad, have you ever spoken to her yourself?

Â