Tammy Abraham

nick76

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m agreeing with you but seeing as we’ve played some of them in the No 6 position and don’t look like selling any of them it just makes it hard to see Dean seeing it as a priority.  I do though think it’s needed.

It doesn't matter just what Dean sees though. The whole point of having a committee decide on transfers is to allow the team to avoid the managers biases and improve is in the way we actually need. 

Just now, MotoMkali said:

It doesn't matter just what Dean sees though. The whole point of having a committee decide on transfers is to allow the team to avoid the managers biases and improve is in the way we actually need. 

Dean has final say!

• Like 1

Its not our money let Deano worry about that and if he sees fit to sign a player to compete for 1 spot or to change systems then so be it.

Enjoy the ride.

• Like 2

Yes that's true it's not our money and the club and Smith may feel that signing Tammy for 40 million ups the game in Watkins all while having two strikers playing equal games through the season. It's more than possible to have Tammy start a handful of games and then swap to Watkins, allowing them both to remain fresh, both to keep each other on there toes and both to keep banging in a decent amount of goals.

It's not really a 40 mill mistake if they sign Tammy up and he does what they require of him. He has said to hasn't he that he would say yes to joining us if we offered Chelsea the money,has he not?

Ive a feeling whoever gets hold of him will of course be repaid with a good tally of goals from the bloke.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I have no clue what you are talking about.

I would ease off on that glue.  :thumb:

I've a feeling you struggle to understand yourself at times.

Edited by Dave-R

12 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

As the old saying goes, a camel is a horse designed by a committee. 

• Like 1

Oh please don’t bring out the “it’s not our money line”. Sorry but that’s so stupid.

There’re better points and arguments to be made.

As fans, we should be concerned about how we manage our finances and budget and how wisely we spend our funds on transfers. Stupid to waste money and overpay for players, b*tch please…

We should know and have learnt by now how being reckless costs you.

And no, I’m not talking about Tammy so don’t get your knickers twisted! 🤣

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Our record club signing, £40m but not guaranteed a starting place... 

That's the point that most of us are trying to make 

I don't believe that we as a club are there yet

Nobody should ever have a guaranteed starting place. The whole reason upgrades are brought in and better than existing players it so that those existing players should be able to compete. If Tammy was brought here sure he'd have some games ahead of Watkins but the idea that he or Watkins are guaranteed starters is madness. The competition should be tight between the first and second not a walk in the park for Watkins and certainly not make him feel as though he's guaranteed his spot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Oh please don’t bring out the “it’s not our money line”. Sorry but that’s so stupid.

There’re better points and arguments to be made.

As fans, we should be concerned about how we manage our finances and budget and how wisely we spend our funds on transfers. Stupid to waste money and overpay for players, b*tch please…

We should know and have learnt by now how being reckless costs you.

And no, I’m not talking about Tammy so don’t get your knickers twisted! 🤣

Well it's not our money 🤣

We should've a little concerned over how the club is financially progressing but we should be more concerned over the squad and signings.

Edited by Dave-R

Â