Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2021/22

Rds1983

Bit frustrating that I went for Coutinho over Foden and Foden ended up playing and getting two assists. But hopefully Coutinho is the better pick over the run in purely on number of fixtures. 

Watkins has hopefully paid off though. 

Salah 1 pointer is a real kick in the teeth 

Salah captain, triple Chelsea and Schmeichel keeper but still somehow got 59 points and a big green upto 52k. Tonight's game should push me down again though as have nobody in it. 

BB next week with 12 doubles and triple Palace against Watford. Have 2 FTs but not sure if I want to use them apart from ditching Son which feels wrong after a 19. 

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

3 shocking weeks in a row for me. If my BB doesn’t pay off next week then I’ve absolutely **** it

49k to 81k+ in 3 gameweeks. I was confident of top 50k, now I'm looking over my shoulder hoping to hang on to top 100k

I'll have 15 doublers next week (after a -4) so hoping that's enough to pull me back up the rankings somewhat.

The weirdest and least satisfying green arrow I think I've ever got, but I'll take it. 50pts and up to 63k from 66k. Got out of jail with the 2 big Spurs boys (31pts). Other than that, a stink out.

Next up for my bench boost I will be turning Son into either Mount(WOL/lee) or Foden(NEW/wol) and the non-playing striker Richardson into Watkins(bur/LIV) or Richarlison(lei/wat). Mount more nailed but Foden the higher ceiling, Watkins more prolific but Richarlison the better fixtures and the more motivated but the shiter team.

Finally made it to the top of the VT league. Now to try and retain my place for the remaining GW's.

Lucky with the Son captain this week, I was set on Salah all week until an hour before deadline.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Finally made it to the top of the VT league. Now to try and retain my place for the remaining GW's.

Lucky with the Son captain this week, I was set on Salah all week until an hour before deadline.

Ah so that's you. Well done. You've had a really consistent season. Good time to be hitting some form too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BOF said:

The weirdest and least satisfying green arrow I think I've ever got, but I'll take it. 50pts and up to 63k from 66k. Got out of jail with the 2 big Spurs boys (31pts). Other than that, a stink out.

Next up for my bench boost I will be turning Son into either Mount(WOL/lee) or Foden(NEW/wol) and the non-playing striker Richardson into Watkins(bur/LIV) or Richarlison(lei/wat). Mount more nailed but Foden the higher ceiling, Watkins more prolific but Richarlison the better fixtures and the more motivated but the shiter team.

I'm torn on whether to ditch Son or not. Think I'm going to flip back and forth on it all week. 

I'm intending to add Richarlison and Nketiah to Watkins for the BB. 

18 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm torn on whether to ditch Son or not. Think I'm going to flip back and forth on it all week. 

I'm intending to add Richarlison and Nketiah to Watkins for the BB. 

My problem is getting back onto Son for 37. I will want him but Richardson has gone down in value so I can't do a straight swap back. So it'll be a hit and a downgrade elsewhere, which isn't too bad given it's the penultimate week, but not ideal and the only thing giving me pause at the moment. I think I'll do it though because going from a non-player to a double player is too big a jump not to do.

Just now, BOF said:

My problem is getting back onto Son for 37. I will want him but Richardson has gone down in value so I can't do a straight swap back. So it'll be a hit and a downgrade elsewhere, which isn't too bad given it's the penultimate week, but not ideal and the only think giving me pause at the moment. I think I'll do it though because going from a non-player to a player is too big a jump not to do.

If I ditch him I'd want him back in 37 which is why I want to swap him for another premium but can't find one I want for the right price. 

Despite scoring a ridiculous amount recently I'm not convinced he's actually done that well and has been lucky with his shots (seems he always is though) and the two fixtures aren't great. His EO is putting me off though as if he does haul I'll miss out massively as he's almost must own. Have to decide if I'm gambling to increase rank or consolidating to stay where I am. 

He's fixture-proof and he could tear Trent a new arsehole. It's entirely possible I sell him and he hauls.

Current thinking is now just keep Son. Swap Broja out for Mateta or Joao Pedro and roll the 2nd FT for 37.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Current thinking is now just keep Son. Swap Broja out for Mateta or Joao Pedro and roll the 2nd FT for 37.

I'm tempted to swap Mateta for Nketiah as he has the extra fixture. Playing Watford at home is tempting but he's not really done much since I brought him in a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm tempted to swap Mateta for Nketiah as he has the extra fixture. Playing Watford at home is tempting but he's not really done much since I brought him in a few weeks ago. 

I'm erring on the side of Mateta instead of Pedro because Mateta has a very good double in 37 and one of the best fixtures in 36.  I don't mind him singling in 36 because I don't want to waste a valuable transfer on swapping budget players around in 37 so I can forget about that slot with him there. I want my 2 FTs to be power plays in 37 if at all possible.

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm erring on the side of Mateta instead of Pedro because Mateta has a very good double in 37 and one of the best fixtures in 36.  I don't mind him singling in 36 because I don't want to waste a valuable transfer on swapping budget players around in 37 so I can forget about that slot with him there. I want my 2 FTs to be power plays in 37 if at all possible.

The 37 double is tempting but I've already got Zaha and Guehi for that so I dunno. 

Definitely doing Werner to Richarlison though. 

If I was choosing between Mateta and Pedro it would be Mateta. What's your thoughts on Nketiah? 

Â