Euro 2020 : Group E (Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden)

BOF

Swedish 11 for tomorrow confirmed apparently.

Robin Olsen

Mikael Lustig, Victor Nilsson Lindelöf, Marcus Danielson, Ludwig Augustinsson

Sebastian Larsson, Albin Ekdal, Kristoffer Olsson, Emil Forsberg

Marcus Berg, Alexander Isak.

Absolutely no surprises here although I expect Albin Ekdal to drop out injured in the pre match warm up and be replaced by Viktor Claesson.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Swedish 11 for tomorrow confirmed apparently.

Robin Olsen

Mikael Lustig, Victor Nilsson Lindelöf, Marcus Danielson, Ludwig Augustinsson

Sebastian Larsson, Albin Ekdal, Kristoffer Olsson, Emil Forsberg

Marcus Berg, Alexander Isak.

Absolutely no surprises here although I expect Albin Ekdal to drop out injured in the pre match warm up and be replaced by Viktor Claesson.

Oh my time machine has worked for 2010🤔 just missing Toivonen starting 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The Spain vs Sweden games is played in Sevilla tonight so expect there will be a lot of comparisons between what happened to Christian Eriksen and the tragic passing of Antonio Puerta back in the day.

Shame the game is played at that crappy Olympic stadium

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

do we have the oldest team of the tournament again? wouldn't surprise me if we did XD.

Yup, us and Belgium have the oldest squads. Average age of 29.2 years according to Transfermarkt. We have far too many players who had planned to retire after the Euro's last summer but who kept going for another year when it was postponed. 12 players who are 30 or older. 

Think Andersson has done a solid job with the team but we have a talented group of players breaking through and I don't think he is the manager to lead them going forward. Obviously he will remain manager for as long as he want's to as there is no focus on results with the national team here. You just have to be a company man.

Fwiw Turkey has the youngest squad with a 25 y.o average.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, sne said:

Yup, us and Belgium have the oldest squads. Average age of 29.2 years according to Transfermarkt. We have far too many players who had planned to retire after the Euro's last summer but who kept going for another year when it was postponed. 12 players who are 30 or older. 

Think Andersson has done a solid job with the team but we have a talented group of players breaking through and I don't think he is the manager to lead them going forward. Obviously he will remain manager for as long as he want's to as there is no focus on results with the national team here. You just have to be a company man.

Fwiw Turkey has the youngest squad with a 25 y.o average.

This is not in the least surprising. I do agree that it is time to start shifting out the old guard and giving our emerging talent a run now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Poland have an interesting team but rarely turn up at tournaments

Made worse by the Milik and Piatek injuries now.

It might be a bit of a blessing for them though as it lets Lewandowski be more of a CF

Â