Euro 2020 : Group E (Poland, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden)

BOF

1 hour ago, sne said:

Sergio Busquets tests positive for Covid and is now isolated from the rest of the Spain squad. They might be forced to play the final friendly against Lithuania with their U-21's.

Considering Sweden play them in the first game I hope they have to forfeit :DΒ 

Even if Spain call up a 2nd team they wont be match fit

Ramos might get to play after all πŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

Apparently there is Covid in the Swedish squad too now. Might end up being the Spanish U-21's vs Swedish U-21's meeting in the first roundΒ :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently there is Covid in the Swedish squad too now. Might end up being the Spanish U-21's vs Swedish U-21's meeting in the first roundΒ :crylaugh:

Spain have apparently been cleared

Dejan on his day off a couple days ago. Hanging with some buddies among others someone who's apparently a rapper. Looks like a breach of covid protocol. Swedish management where caught unprepared at the presser when the media asked about the video. Silly boy, might become a bit of an issue this, especially if more players tests positive,

Β 

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Idiot, should really be thrown out of the squad for this. If it was a shitter player they would have

Yeah looks bad. I need more context and information to say either way and I'm not 100% on what the rules they were given are. He also did a sanctioned commercial job for a energy drink company during this period.

Sweden did act pretty hard back in the day when Mellberg, Zlatan and Wilhelmsson where all thrown out of the national squad for breaching curfew by 2 hours back in 2006.

Edited by sne

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Im sure Anders Svensson and Wilhelmsson could add experience to a youthful team

Stefan Schwarz could do a job. More fit than Grankvist and better than Seb Larsson anyday.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sne said:

Diego Llorente has tested positive now.

Would be worried for his health as he is fragile, Watkins nearly killed him by lifting him off the ground a few months back

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Slovakia will be the worst team in the tournament I think (they were so dire in qualifying) so I'm expecting all three other teams to make it through although in what order I'm not sure. Quite a weak group.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Slovakia will be the worst team in the tournament I think (they were so dire in qualifying) so I'm expecting all three other teams to make it through although in what order I'm not sure. Quite a weak group.

I think its the weakest group, seeds arent strong and the 2nd best team are Poland who arent reliableΒ 

And in news that will surprise absolutely no one Albin Ekdahl in injured and missed todays training. Considering he is made of rice paper and makes Daniel Sturridge look robust it's hardly unexpected.

Cajuste also had to abandon training and with Kulusevski and Svanberg already out with Covid it's starting to look a bit crap for Sweden. At least Ludwig Augustinsson is back in training.

Pretty sure the BBC made a mistake in preview show when they showed all the stadiums....they showed Sanchez Pizjuan which is Sevilla's ground but I just read the Olympic stadium where Copa Del Rey final is being played is being used instead.

Has a running track and generally not a great atmosphere compared to the two vibrant club grounds so not sure why Spanish FA chose it. Of course orginally was going to be in Bilbao.

2 hours ago, sne said:

And in news that will surprise absolutely no one Albin Ekdahl in injured and missed todays training. Considering he is made of rice paper and makes Daniel Sturridge look robust it's hardly unexpected.

Cajuste also had to abandon training and with Kulusevski and Svanberg already out with Covid it's starting to look a bit crap for Sweden. At least Ludwig Augustinsson is back in training.

Late call up for Anders Svensson?πŸ˜‰

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚