Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Now I've had time to think about it Tielemans can't do press like Buendia but Luiz could so Tielemans and Kamara double pivot like you said about Tielemans and Luiz plays further forward as more mobile on the press

It won’t happen either way, all 3 won’t be on the pitch at once unless we drastically change out system. Luiz used to be exposed when playing as the single holding midfielder under Smith due to his lack of mobility maybe mobility isn’t the right word he just isn’t quite as robust as Ramsey , Mcginn 

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

As I mentioned earlier one example that always comes to my mind is Delph. The season he came back he didn't look great, but the season after that one was when he fulfilled all his promise, looked quick and dynamic and pretty great. It might just be a protracted process but there's no reason he can't come back just as good. But yeah it'll take some time.

It's probably a case-by-case basis and the severity of it too differs for everyone. The mental side of that injury is just as huge as the recovery period is so long and then you are worried about it and whether it can happen again whereas previously you just play without thinking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It won’t happen either way, all 3 won’t be on the pitch at once unless we drastically change out system. Luiz used to be exposed when playing as the single holding midfielder under Smith due to his lack of mobility maybe mobility isn’t the right word he just isn’t quite as robust as Ramsey , Mcginn 

I would be willing to take a sporting bet with you that we will definitely see all 3 of them on the pitch at the same time within the first 2 games of the season.

No forfeit...maybe a donation to VT... but I'm sure it will happen.

• Like 1

Just now, MrBlack said:

I would be willing to take a sporting bet with you that we will definitely see all 3 of them on the pitch at the same time within the first 2 games of the season.

No forfeit...maybe a donation to VT... but I'm sure it will happen.

Yes I’m in

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Bet you're absolutely gutted eh?

👀

I’m not gutted. It’s frustrating but I’m not too concerned as I don’t think he’ll get into our best XI when our transfer business is concluded. 

It’s a real shame our squad is being decimated with injuries ahead of the new season though. Buendia has his uses, no doubt about that. 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ok.

This isn't what anybody wanted. Losing a player, regardless of how one judges his ability, isn't helpful for anyone. 

BUT.

I was firmly of the opinion last season that he would very much be a bench option this season IF our transfer window went well. I believe we're still in for at least one other attacking option / wide player. With the emergence of Philogene, maybe this won't be the blow everybody thinks it is. We have Diaby, Bailey, Ramsey, McGinn and Philogene who can play wide and we're likely to add another two players to that crop. 

It's not the end of the world. It would be much more disastrous if this happened to Watkins, Martinez, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Torres, Mings or Konsa. IMO

Massive smirk on your face typing this I bet

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m not gutted. It’s frustrating but I’m not too concerned as I don’t think he’ll get into our best XI when our transfer business is concluded. 

It’s a real shame our squad is being decimated with injuries ahead of the new season though. Buendia has his uses, no doubt about that. 

I wouldn’t say decimated. As gutting as it is to lose Buendia for the whole season he’s just one player. We will find a replacement of sorts before the window closes.

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wouldn’t say decimated. As gutting as it is to lose Buendia for the whole season he’s just one player. We will find a replacement of sorts before the window closes.

Fair. Frustrating the whole left side of our team is injured though...Ramsey, Moreno, Buendia. 

This has just made me really anxious, paranoid and terrified of ACL injuries.

What if Diaby is doing his in training right now?  What about Watkins?  Oh no Martinez might twist his funny making a save!  Mings, don't make that tackle, don't do it Ty!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhh!

Disgust Argh GIF - Disgust Argh Scream - Discover & Share GIFs

7 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair. Frustrating the whole left side of our team is injured though...Ramsey, Moreno, Buendia. 

Actually the definition of decimated is to reduce by 1 in 10 ... so arguably its worse!

• Shocked 1

Attitude, aggression, energy, commitment, talent and a willingness to run himself into the ground for his team mates, his manager and all of us. He's the personification of a total team player all wrapped up in a small but dynamic package. He may not be the "best" player on the team sheet in any one position, but he's one of the most important. 

I'm gutted .... We will miss you for the next few months Emi. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

We won’t part of the reason Tielemans faded so badly at Leicester is playing every game. The idea is for squad rotation 

I’ve not mentioned him playing every game, I’m just agreeing with other posters that we could easily see Tielemans, Kamara and Luis all play together in some games

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

The point is we didn't have an injured buendia preseason, so whether we trained it or not,  it's an option we have now. Even if it isn't one Emery would have naturally chosen.

I know he's a god, and sees everything, but I don't see why it couldn't work playing all three of them at the same time, and Emery is definitely capable of making it work.

Absolutely, and even before Buendia injury I thought that all 3 would play against Newcastle.

I go on the Newcastle - Online fan forum quite regularly, and they were not looking forward to facing Buendia on Saturday. They have reacted to news of him not being available with relief. Their comments about his injury have been sympathetic which is a credit to them.

Sometimes we need to listen to the fans of of other clubs to fully appreciate how much one of our more 'spiky' players adds to our overall performance. 

• Like 1

Â