Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

On 16/12/2022 at 10:04, messi11 said:

Buendia can see the pass, can see the picture but just doesn't have the ability to pull them off. I don't think he's good enough for the top 8

Sadly you could be right.

I was expecting from him, more like the Alexis Mac Allister and Christian Eriksen type perfomances.

I think he has to do more, for us to be improved as a team.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I think we need to revisit this thread at this point at the end of the season. I am still of the opinion that there is an absolutely incredible footballer on our hands.

Yeah

Well, we all want you to be right....but we can only comment on what we have seen so far.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I think we need to revisit this thread at this point at the end of the season. I am still of the opinion that there is an absolutely incredible footballer on our hands.

Hope your right mate im not convinced.  Doesnt score enough and isnt very consistent 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yeah

Well, we all want you to be right....but we can only comment on what we have seen so far.

I fully agree, but I think the shackles will come off under our new manager

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

and isnt very consistent 

Neither has his playing time, 

Confidence player, imo of course but he thrived at Norwich cos he was important and a regular starter.

For most of the last 12 months, he's been sent the message that a timid and slow Coutinho was more favoured than him.

If by the end of the season he isn't a lock in the first team, I'll admit I'm wrong, but I won't be...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Confidence player, imo of course but he thrived at Norwich cos he was important and a regular starter.

For most of the last 12 months, he's been sent the message that a timid and slow Coutinho was more favoured than him.

If by the end of the season he isn't a lock in the first team, I'll admit I'm wrong, but I won't be...

Amen brother 🙏

12 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I'm not sure he'll ever be a goalscoring midfielder though. He's a creator, a fantastic one.

I am always dubious of that kind of comment.....not saying its wrong, its probably right.

but what I mean is when a player is dubbed, not a goal scorer, or a defensive minded player......it brings me to the thought, that they are limited....Creators for me, have to create if not and none of the former, they are non-descript.

Now that may seem harsh, but if you can't do either, for me, you are limited.

Emi is a good player, don't get me wrong....but for the money, we paid, he should be able to do more, is my point.

My personal concern with Emi, he gets negated physically, a bit too easily, despite his tenacious nature.....I think that is something for him to work on.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I have to be honest I’m not a fan. There’s a reason he hardly ever plays 90 minutes and it’s not just because Gerrard is an idiot. He rarely played 90 minutes for Smith either and hasn’t for Emery’s first 2 games.   Decent squad player I guess. Not going to ever be a key player for us in my opinion. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to be honest I’m not a fan. There’s a reason he hardly ever plays 90 minutes and it’s not just because Gerrard is an idiot. He rarely played 90 minutes for Smith either and hasn’t for Emery’s first 2 games.   Decent squad player I guess. Not going to ever be a key player for us in my opinion. 

Cast ye out Satan 😀

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Buendia is slower and loses the ball way more often than Coutinho. Phil is the better player. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Buendia is slower and loses the ball way more often than Coutinho. Phil is the better player. 

I think last season I might have agreed with you in that I felt Coutinho’s top end performance was higher than Buendias. However this season your comment does not pass the stats test or the eye test. Neither has been brilliant. 

Maybe he can find his top form again and you’ll be proved right. But that’s a pretty big maybe right now. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Slower than Coutinho 😂😂😂😂 Coutinho cant move, Wesley is probably more dynamic than him at this stage

• Like 4

On 23/12/2022 at 13:07, Follyfoot said:

Me too you cant possibly see the best of players until they get a regular spot. Gerrard signing Coutinho was a major set back for him. I think theres a great player there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

But when he was called upon he at times didnt take the opportunity.  Something he has to improve on. If he can't improve under emery he will never will. 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But when he was called upon he at times didnt take the opportunity.  Something he has to improve on. If he can't improve under emery he will never will. 

like the rare start at Burnley the last game Gerrard won comfortable but was then dropped 3 days later because Coutinho had to play vs Liverpool?

Buendia made 17 starts in 2022 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So you expect a young player, still finding his feet at a bigger club, to perform on the rare occasions he is picked, in a team that was devoid of any attacking plan.

Righto...

Â