Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Anonymous again. I just don’t get him I’m afraid.

I'm kind of here too in agreement; Buendia had an opportunity tonight and was largely wasteful when given the ball.

Maybe we'll see him against Brighton and will show better, hopefully. 

• Like 2

I’ve never been convinced by Buendia and I don’t think I ever will be. He’s ok at times but not a top 10 PL player imo. If we could get £20m for him i would happily take it. I’m pretty sure someone will be along in a minute with an excuse for him though. The love this bloke gets from some fans amazes me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WHY said:

I’ve never been convinced by Buendia and I don’t think I ever will be. He’s ok at times but not a top 10 PL player imo. If we could get £20m for him i would happily take it. I’m pretty sure someone will be along in a minute with an excuse for him though. The love this bloke gets from some fans amazes me. 

Please tell me you don't own a business. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, WHY said:

No I don’t, but I’m not naive either. 

You just wanted to sell a £40m asset for half his value after he's had absolutely no time with a world class manager whatsoever. This is after making an uninformed decision on his ability level based on 1 year with the managerial equivalent of a breeze block. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

You just wanted to sell a £40m asset for half his value after he's had absolutely no time with a world class manager whatsoever. This is after making an uninformed decision on his ability level based on 1 year with the managerial equivalent of a breeze block. 

The problem is. If he now has a year with a top manager and he’s still not very good, then his value will have plummeted. I don’t know how you can value him as a £40m asset. We paid less than that for him and he has been poor. I too would take £20m for him. I want him to prove me wrong but he doesn’t appear to have the raw attributes to justify his price tag.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

The problem is. If he now has a year with a top manager and he’s still not very good, then his value will have plummeted. I don’t know how you can value him as a £40m asset. We paid less than that for him and he has been poor. I too would take £20m for him. I want him to prove me wrong but he doesn’t appear to have the raw attributes to justify his price tag.

As would every player in world football. 

Your logic is beyond backwards, if you can't see that Emi has the raw attributes to be a top player, and Emery is the best manager we are going to get to make that happen, then I am unable to help you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Your logic is beyond backwards, if you can't see that Emi has the raw attributes to be a top player, and Emery is the best manager we are going to get to make that happen, then I am unable to help you.

What are the ‘raw attributes’ in your book?

For me, it’s pace, strength, dribbling, heading, passing, shooting. Things like that. Buendia doesn’t have many of them. 

You may well think he is a good player and that he’ll come good for us, but I don’t agree that he has many of the raw attributes to be a top player. Hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What are the ‘raw attributes’ in your book?

For me, it’s pace, strength, dribbling, heading, passing, shooting. Things like that. Buendia doesn’t have many of them. 

You may well think he is a good player and that he’ll come good for us, but I don’t agree that he has many of the raw attributes to be a top player. Hope I’m wrong. 

Couldn't disagree more, but we will see and time under Emery will tell. 

What is stupid is saying that you'd be happy for selling him for half the money we paid for him less than two weeks into the tenure of a world class manager. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Couldn't disagree more, but we will see and time under Emery will tell. 

What is stupid is saying that you'd be happy for selling him for half the money we paid for him less than two weeks into the tenure of a world class manager. 

He definitely deserves more time under this new manager and hope he comes good. As a club, we can’t afford to sell players for half what we paid!! Saying that, we’ve given away so many for free over the years, nothing surprises me. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I hope you’re right but I really don’t think that you are. We’ll just have to wait and see. He isn’t strong, he isn’t fast, he doesn’t hit the ball particularly hard, he’s small and he gives the ball away a lot. He’s decent (not great) in tight spaces but he doesn’t have the pace to break away and often when he does find space he loses possession anyway. 
I would be much less shocked if Coutinho starts to flourish under Unai, than I would if Emi does. Hopefully they both will.

Just now, M_Afro said:

I hope you’re right but I really don’t think that you are. We’ll just have to wait and see. He isn’t strong, he isn’t fast, he doesn’t hit the ball particularly hard, he’s small and he gives the ball away a lot. He’s decent (not great) in tight spaces but he doesn’t have the pace to break away and often when he does find space he loses possession anyway. 
I would be much less shocked if Coutinho starts to flourish under Unai, than I would if Emi does. Hopefully they both will.

Probably where I’m at. Coutinho has been poor on a number of occasions but even in games where he doesn’t play all that well, he can do something that others can’t. And when he does play well, there isn’t anybody else in our squad that can match him. 

Buendia is just a bit ‘meh’ for me. No pace, strength, shooting ability, dribbling ability and he loses the ball too much. The people saying he will come good, that’s fine, but I think it’s wishful thinking rather than the evidence in front of your eyes.

Bailey is a good example of someone who had the potential to come good and is now showing it. He had a bit of pace, very good dribbling ability, has a cracking shot on him and he’s a good finisher. I always thought he’d fail based on his attitude and his lack of effort but the attributes were always there. Buendia doesn’t have that. He works hard, but I don’t see much quality in him. Not yet anyway. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Steero113 said:

My eyes don’t lie, he isn’t good enough for where we want to be. We ain’t getting anywhere near £40m for him.  Norwich had our transfers down. Out of interest who do you think would buy him for let’s say £30m 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WHY said:

My eyes don’t lie, he isn’t good enough for where we want to be. We ain’t getting anywhere near £40m for him.  Norwich had our transfers down. Out of interest who do you think would buy him for let’s say £30m 

A team with proper pace and quality upfront with runners in behind. You watch, Emery will be using him most games and will get the best out of him. 

His chance creation stats are among the best in Europe per 90 over the last 5 seasons. He has exceptional vision and will be an asset for us. 

Lets speak again in a few weeks time. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WHY said:

PS: Some Norwich fans still believe he's the best player who's ever played for the club. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

Â