Emiliano Buendía

Delphinho123

He actually played 45 minutes last Saturday, and quite frankly, he didn't do very well. He and Ramsey both had two shot-creating-actions, and has a lower pass completion compared to Ramsey, but play more progressive passes, which I think is something we need.

That said, want him to start against Everton. 

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love him but he's not in the team on merit which is a problem. His performance on Saturday was appalling.

To be fair, not many came out of that debacle looking very good. 

5 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I love him but he's not in the team on merit which is a problem. His performance on Saturday was appalling.

what is the 'on merit' based on, who has done better than him, in what context and when?

everyone was utter sh*te on Saturday and the subs didn't make any difference, which to me suggest maybe just maybe it wasn't the players fault entirely but largely down to the tactics and system. Messi could have come on at half time and looked like a pub team regular.

Edited by VillanousOne

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

what is the 'on merit' based on, who has done better than him, in what context and when?

everyone was utter sh*te on Saturday and the subs didn't make any difference, which to me suggest maybe just maybe it wasn't the players fault entirely but largely down to the tactics and system. Messi could have come on at half time and looked like a pub team regular.

It isn't just based on Saturday, but he's been off the boil for about 10 games. Even on Saturday certain players like Bailey and Kamara looked good despite the poor team performance. The team could be playing bad but that shouldn't affect your first touch, especially when that first touch is one of the most crucial parts of his game at the moment.

Coutinho was bad on Saturday but overall hasn't been as bad as some make out, like this strange idea that he's only dangerous in bit parts, like an highlights player is frankly ridiculous, firstly because all attacking players are only dangerous in certain moments in games, none are constantly coming up with attacking skills that would look good in a youtube compilation or whatever, and secondly because for the most part Coutinho looks class whenever he gets the ball you can tell he's on another level to any of our other players.

Problem for him is if he has a game where he doesn't look like a galectico he gets criticized, whereas if some of our other players played the same way they would be praised, or people wouldn't remark how poorly they played. And that's not because some are unfairly against Coutinho or whatever, it's more Coutinho being held up to an higher standard, which is also understandable to a degree, but also just because he has games where he doesn't standout as a brilliant performer, that doesn't mean to say he's had a bad game.

I think another problem for him and our Argentinian ace Buendia is that they're dropping too deep in games, we need to get them on the ball more often in the final third.

Edited by useless

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Coutinho was bad on Saturday but overall hasn't been as bad as some make out, like this strange idea that he's only dangerous in bit parts, like an highlights player is frankly ridiculous, firstly because all attacking players are only dangerous in certain moments in games, none are constantly coming up with attacking skills that would look good in a youtube compilation or whatever, and secondly because for the most part Coutinho looks class whenever he gets the ball you can tell he's on another level to any of our other players.

Probleme for him is if he has a game where he doesn't look like a galectico he gets criticized, whereas if some of our other players played the same way they would be praised, or people wouldn't remark how poorly they played.

I think another problem for him and our Argentinian ace Buendia is that they're dropping too deep in games, we need to get them on the ball more often in the final third.

Dude he was just bad at the weekend, it's okay. You don't have to play devil's advocate for everything.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, daft said:

He actually played 45 minutes last Saturday, and quite frankly, he didn't do very well. He and Ramsey both had two shot-creating-actions, and has a lower pass completion compared to Ramsey, but play more progressive passes, which I think is something we need.

That said, want him to start against Everton. 

He certainly got on the ball more than Coutinho, in what was a dreadful team performance with no midfield.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Someone like Bentancur maybe would have helped Coutinho and Buendia, as with a ball playing midfielder like that in midfield would be less need for them to drop deep.

Kamara and Luiz played together would help no end. I'd chuck Sanson in there with them for a few games as well. Let's see if it could work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is surely too reasoned and logical to be true?

The problem here JV is that there is a rizla paper between them and it’s always Emi who takes the hit regardless of how he plays and as a natural consequence fans will naturally assume that SG does not like him ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Problem for him is if he has a game where he doesn't look like a galectico he gets criticized, whereas if some of our other players played the same way they would be praised, or people wouldn't remark how poorly they played. And that's not because some are unfairly against Coutinho or whatever, it's more Coutinho being held up to an higher standard, which is also understandable to a degree, but also just because he has games where he doesn't standout as a brilliant performer, that doesn't mean to say he's had a bad game.

I mean that's just not true. 

The last game he played in shows this isn't true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

The problem here JV is that there is a rizla paper between them and it’s always Emi who takes the hit regardless of how he plays and as a natural consequence fans will naturally assume that SG does not like him ?

I see what you're saying, and I also have a gripe about EMI.

However his words on EMI are always very complimentary.

Also weird because I picture EMI as an " SG " type player with the tenacity and workrate.

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I mean that's just not true. 

The last game he played in shows this isn't true.

There's less logic than I've ever seen being applied by fans atm. People take their position and defend it with fantasy.

Brexit.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It isn't just based on Saturday, but he's been off the boil for about 10 games. Even on Saturday certain players like Bailey and Kamara looked good despite the poor team performance. The team could be playing bad but that shouldn't affect your first touch, especially when that first touch is one of the most crucial parts of his game at the moment.

I feel you are being very harsh - It’s not easy when your playing and in the back of your mind, you know you are getting benched and most likely left out for the next game, and added to the fact he knows that unless he is motm he is getting dropped.

2 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

I feel you are being very harsh - It’s not easy when your playing and in the back of your mind, you know you are getting benched and most likely left out for the next game, and added to the fact he knows that unless he is motm he is getting dropped.

I was talking about Coutinho mate.

Not sure what's with all this 'brexit' bullshit in reply to anyone who says anything remotely positve about Gerrard or says something that isn't negative about him,. most of Gerrard's signings haven't even been British, Chambers the only one as far as I'm aware, so no idea what the relelvance of brexit is to Gerrard at all.

Smith was the one signing all the 'British' players, is a tory himself, and was happy to work alongside someone like John Terry, so if anyone is brexity it's him, not that I'm bothered about all that, I liked Smith as manager, but I'm not the one who brought brexit into it, and seems ironic that someone who constantly defends Smith, to be calling others who might have something postive to say of Gerrard, brexity.

I voted remain, I don't care about brexit, or what nationality managers or players are.

And talking about fantasy, this coming from someone who every time certain clubs make signings comes on here stating what amazing business it is, when in most cases probably never even seen that player play, I know this because makes the same claim every time certain clubs, usually Brighton, Newcastle, Wolves, and now Forest make a signing, or even just linked to a player.

And yes Coutinho is a level above our other players, you can see that in his general play, he can do and see things our other players, including Buendia, can't see and do, having a bad game or even a series of bad games doesn't change that, he's just got a better footballing brain than our other players, he's more of a natural footballer, you can see that even when he isn't having a particularly good game, that doesn't mean he should start every game, can have no complaints if he's dropped for Everton, but at his best he's clearly our most talented player.

• Like 1

Â