Breakaway League

Jareth

13 minutes ago, 1974Centenary said:

WIll they take the VAR system with them?

Would be impossible. How would they decide who to make it biased towards? 

9 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

When villa are warming up I want them wearing t shirts with a picture of the European cup on it with the words "Earned it"

That would be utter class. Do it. Someonw make this happen. Call Purslow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's talk of Schalke being invited to join.

Schalke.

18th in the Bundesliga.

Out of 18.

So many clubs will be offered their way in as they desperately look to fill it out.

Wouldn't he surprised if Newcastle or Leeds were to get the call. Ashley is probably trying to get hold of them saying he's in immediately.

1 hour ago, penguin said:

Spot on from Micah

ea53c347-aca0-4541-a2c7-d43cb9775816.jpg

Micah Richards

Former Man City defender on BBC Radio 5 Live

I'm an ambassador at Manchester City. The first word that came to me was disgrace. It has been a whirlwind 24 hours, information was seeping through every hour and I found it disheartening. 

From where Manchester City have come from, from Division Two [what is now League One] and Paul Dickov's goal [to win promotion in 1999] all the way to the Premier League and they earned that the right way through hard work, great support and not doing things the easy way and went all the way to winning the Premier League.

Now, having the audacity to believe they should be better than everyone else - I was flabbergasted. We do not have all the information from Manchester City but the overriding feeling is just massive disappointment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56581791

Hmm, not quite right there I don't think Micah you wally.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

So many clubs will be offered their way in as they desperately look to fill it out.

Wouldn't he surprised if Newcastle or Leeds were to get the call. Ashley is probably trying to get hold of them saying he's in immediately.

Hmm, not quite right there I don't think Micah you wally.

He forgot to mention the 500 trillion available to them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

You fkr my missus thinks I'm having an affair cos I literally LOL'D!!!

If all it takes for your Mrs to suspect an affair is you laughing out loud, there's more suspicion there than in a Super League meeting.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

The last thing that needs to come from all this is UEFA and/or the Prem League give these owners some kind of concessions or offer olive branches. They should be left in no doubt over the next couple of days that their actions won't be tolerated and that the Prem League/World Cup/Euro Championships will go on but without them and any player that plays for them.

I'm all for throwing the book at these clubs and wishing this venture fails horribly, but this is where it becomes a bit difficult...what happens to the players in this situation? They are in a sense left out to dry here because they had no say in the matter. If they cannot get out of their contracts, why should they be punished?

1 minute ago, a-k said:

I'm all for throwing the book at these clubs and wishing this venture fails horribly, but this is where it becomes a bit difficult...what happens to the players in this situation? They are in a sense left out to dry here because they had no say in the matter. If they cannot get out of their contracts, why should they be punished?

It's because of the player's wages and agent fees the game has gone mad. 

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

—————————Pope

Cash——Konsa————Mings——-Targett

Sancho——-Rice———Philips——-Grealish

———Calvert Lewin——Watkins

England First XI by 5pm tomorrow 

Players barred from squad: 

Greenwood

Shaw

Rashford

McGuire

Lingard

Wanbisaka

Foden

Stones

Stirling

Walker

Saka

Kane

Dier

Winks

Alli

Trent Arnold

Henderson

Ox Chamberlain 

Mount

Chilwell

Abraham

James

Hudson Odoi

I'd pick Bellingham instead of Phillips

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

—————————Pope

Cash——Konsa————Mings——-Targett

Sancho——-Rice———Philips——-Grealish

———Calvert Lewin——Watkins

England First XI by 5pm tomorrow 

Players barred from squad: 

Greenwood

Shaw

Rashford

McGuire

Lingard

Wanbisaka

Foden

Stones

Stirling

Walker

Saka

Kane

Dier

Winks

Alli

Trent Arnold

Henderson

Ox Chamberlain 

Mount

Chilwell

Abraham

James

Hudson Odoi

#PrayForLingard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, a-k said:

Yes, I agree, they can't even walk away as they would be in breach of contract. 

But if they extend or sign a contract in that league, then yes, then they forgo their rights. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Its the fans of these clubs I feel for. They did not ask for this (most of them). If they are kicked out of the Premier, Champions and Europa Leagues, the fans are the ones that suffer. Long term they end up watching a club with no soul playing some horrible horrible bastardised brand of Americanised exhibition "Soccer" against the same stale teams with literally nothing to play for. The fans who do stick with them will be rubbing shoulders with real glory hunters or literally just those who want to watch because their favourite money-grabbing player is there. No soul in their football any more. 

At least we still reside in our historic ground, and have strong links with our local area, with an excellent academy. These plastic clubs will have nothing, all to make a few rich people richer still. Sickening. 

As for the players, yes they took the money, but similarly they did not ask for this and most of them would likely be as horrified as we are. 

Ideally we get rid of the people behind this, not the clubs. Why should the fans of those clubs suffer because of the greed of their owners. Unfortunately I cannot think of a way to do just that. 

• Like 4

Â