Weekends Football 12/14 February

andykeenan

Just now, tom_avfc said:

Recent events have shown that any attempt to promote an anti-racist measure is still very much welcome. While the abuse continues the message should be pushed for me.

Sure, but the commentators don't even notice or mentions it anymore (on Swedish telly anyway), it's just a delay to the kick off and nothing more by now.

Think they should switch it up a bit and find the next way to promote and highlight the issue. Not sure how thou.

One thing might be to not give yellow or red cards to players who walks off the pitch when they are abused like we've seen in Italy and a few other leagues.

4 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

TWICE!! When did diving become a non-bookable offence? By my reckoning, he should've been off for those 2.

Yeah the main problem is that players aren’t getting booked for it. Gives them free reign to keep trying it. If they were booked first time it might discourage them from doing it. 

Salah now is becoming a problem - there's clearly a reluctance to do anything about him because of who he is and he's absolutely throwing himself to the ground in just about every game. Sooner or later a centre half or manager is going to take umbrage and there will be trouble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Salah, Kane, Sterling, Fernandes... All rather good at falling down in the box for no other reason than to buy penalties. Neither gets called out for it or punished.

Yet Grealish is the problem diver despite being kicked every game 🙄

• Like 1

Kabak getting a yellow for that while TAA got away with pulling on the arm and shirt on Barnes. Classic ref bias towards foreign and new to the league players compared to established ones.

Not a fan of these ones given as penalties as I feel the contact is outside the box, but seen then given as pens a bunch of times this season so as always no consistency from the refs.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Leicester have been really poor today - I don't think they can have any complaints about being behind, no matter how unlikeable the goalscorer is.

Will be just 1 league win in 5 games and goals dried up so think it's a decent time to play them next weekend particularly with them playing europa.

Â