Midweek Football 8/11 February

andykeenan

12 hours ago, Michelsen said:

And in today’s edition of «1001 players you can’t believe were ever signed by FC Barcelona»...

And Barcelona made a nearly €20mil profit in the space of 7 months (6 total appearances). Jeez....

12 hours ago, useless said:

Doesn't say much for people's confidence in our team if they're desperate for a Brighton game to go into extra time because of thinking that it might give us a slight advantage, going by the logic that they'd be tired we've already got an advantage on that score just by virtue of the fact that they've played 90 minutes today. If we're half as good as some think, we should have enough to beat them regardess of how many minutes they played tonight.

we should have enough to beat them. unfortunately brighton seem to turn into prime Barca whenever they play us. we need all the help we can get

honestly, they're a crap team, but we really struggle against them. even when we beat them last season they were the better side, with 10 men for an hour too

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, a-k said:

And Barcelona made a nearly €20mil profit in the space of 7 months (6 total appearances). Jeez....

I think they have something weird going on in Brazil and South America, they sign a fair few utter guff players who then never play 

Mina, matheus Fernandes, Emerson, Marlon, paulinho, douglas, henrique, keirrison

Arthur was alright I suppose but they sold him too

Not sure if they're doing it for marketing purposes or just completely winging it

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think they have something weird going on in Brazil and South America, they sign a fair few utter guff players who then never play 

Mina, matheus Fernandes, Emerson, Marlon, paulinho, douglas, henrique, keirrison

Arthur was alright I suppose but they sold him too

Not sure if they're doing it for marketing purposes or just completely winging it

the last 2 presidents had big connections in Brazil, Rosell even worked for Nike there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

If Bayern wins tonight against Tigres, Flick would have won more trophies (6) then he lost matches (5) in his entire Bayern managerial adventure (67 games). 

that is nuts

On 10/02/2021 at 13:12, VillaChris said:

In the last two months Burnley have beaten Liverpool, Arsenal and Wolves and got draw v Everton so they've done o.k compared to their first 10 games where they could barely get a point.

For some reason season in season out Dyche dosen't really care about the cup which is a bit odd. For instance in 16/17 they were in 5th round and lost at home to Lincoln who at the time were non league (probably going to make the championship next season).

Last night they were actually going to play a suspended player until Bournemouth and some press informed them Pieters was ineligable so with that sort of mentality no wonder it filters down to the players.

You get £1.8 million for winning the cup.

Burnley got nearly £20 million last season alone for coming 11th, with an overall revenue of over £100 million.

Why risk staying up when sooner rather than later you will probably lose to a top 6 club in the cup?

Well that's the philosophy behind did, doesn't mean I agree with it.

Â