General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

I've seen a few by some football sites but are nothing more than a cursory glance over the VAR given/decision-overturned stats, where things that aren't even referred to VAR or noticed by the ref e.g. the Maguire handball at the end against us aren't even recorded, of which sides are benefitting/being shafted by inconsistent and controversial officiating.

But there really needs to be a comprehensive review of this of all in game decisions and incidents by an independent party. I'm convinced it would show a staggering bias toward certain sides, and *dons tinfoil hat* I also wouldn't be surprised to see a correlation with certain betting markets. 

Oh and if I see another fan post a screenshot of the ghost goal against Sheffield United, with clever words to the effect of 'YoU WoUlDn"t Be In tHe LeAgUe WIthOut VaR' then I will put my hand through my monitor and volley them in the jaw.

• Like 1

EsNQPZqXIAAgG4u?format=jpg&name=large

This is bonkers. This is the official line. The official line even states that it was offside. It states that 'a player in an offside position receiving the ball'. Are they really trying to that Rodri simply 'received' the ball from Mings, and that he wasn't tackled by him.

Insanity.

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The receiving the ball bit is madness

Rodri has not gained an advantage 😂

There is not a chance in hell that will be consistent 

Honestly it reads like they needed a way to justify it, so they found some vague wording, but didn't actually bother to check it properly. Laughable.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Honestly it reads like they needed a way to justify it, so they found some vague wording, but didn't actually bother to check it properly. Laughable.

That's the worst thing about these PGMOL statements, and it's not just us and our bad decisions, they always find a new way of justifying the shit that they have just done 

They're a horrible arrogant out of touch organisation that unfortunately are getting a relatively easy ride because too many people are looking at VAR rather than them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

That's the worst thing about these PGMOL statements, and it's not just us and our bad decisions, they always find a new way of justifying the shit that they have just done 

They're a horrible arrogant out of touch organisation that unfortunately are getting a relatively easy ride because too many people are looking at VAR rather than them 

And on MOTM, they quote them verbatim and say 'the rule is right'. It's **** pathetic.

29 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

EsNQPZqXIAAgG4u?format=jpg&name=large

This is bonkers. This is the official line. The official line even states that it was offside. It states that 'a player in an offside position receiving the ball'. Are they really trying to that Rodri simply 'received' the ball from Mings, and that he wasn't tackled by him.

Insanity.

They actually go against their decision in their final summation - "Rodri legitimately took possession of the ball from Mings...".

So he didn't receive the ball from an opponent "deliberately playing" the ball at all - he took it from Mings.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

They actually go against their decision in their final summation - "Rodri legitimately took possession of the ball from Mings...".

So he didn't receive the ball from an opponent "deliberately playing" the ball at all - he took it from Mings.

Yep, they completely contradict themselves in the same statement 🤡

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I don't mind if they want to interpret the rules that way.

I just hope clubs absolutely take the **** piss out of it.

I don’t agree with this. I mind that this is how they want to interpret the rules because it’s completely mental and it ruins the game watching goals go in that seem “wrong” to everybody watching.

I’d much rather they just held their hands up and admitted the decision is wrong so we can enjoy football how it’s supposed to be played.

The desire to look for an interpretation of the rules to back up the mental decisions referees are making is putting me off football just as quickly as the decisions themselves.

• Like 1

If mings doesn't chest that down - 

Because rodri is behind him he heads it clear, decision influenced by rodri, he's impacting play

Or he let's it run, it's so far out that doesn't run all the way through to the keeper so either he comes out of his box to where rodri is and plays the ball or mings tracks back to where rodri is and then plays the ball... And as soon as either of them do it's a live ball no offside play on? Wheres any kind of advantage to villa? He's miles offside but we still have to play around him? That doesn't make any sense

Might as well start playing like punters, stick a guy right up top, smash the ball up in the air, stick some spin on it, force the defender to do something and be on his touch because as soon as he does its live again 

Utter bollocks 

• Like 2

Just now, tom_avfc said:

I don’t agree with this. I mind that this is how they want to interpret the rules because it’s completely mental and it ruins the game watching goals go in that seem “wrong” to everybody watching.

I’d much rather they just held their hands up and admitted the decision is wrong so we can enjoy football how it’s supposed to be played.

The desire to look for an interpretation of the rules to back up the mental decisions referees are making is putting me off football just as quickly as the decisions themselves.

By "going with it" and doing nothing, these rules will continue to stand.  You need to make it more farcical to prove a point.

It's not interpreting the rules differently - it's doing exactly what they have said is now allowed on a football pitch.

I’m not exaggerating when I say this; I must have seen more or identical situations called (correctly) offside literally hundreds of times, without argument, objection or further thought. It’s a routine offside call, and the only possible way to make sense of the law. The law as quoted by PGMOL does not support Jon Moss’ decision, and for them to use it for that purpose is utterly bizarre. «Here is a text that proves we were wrong. Let’s use it to make people think we were right!» Corrupt clearings. 

• Like 3

Â