General officiating/rules

StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If rather than run away bailey takes 2 steps back and off the pitch (even if it's in the net) then offside is 100% not in question is it? 

Interesting. A player off the pitch can be offside, technically. He'd be considered to be on the goal line if he did that. But still less likely to be interfering with play, you'd think

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Interesting. A player off the pitch can be offside, technically. He'd be considered to be on the goal line if he did that. But still less likely to be interfering with play, you'd think

Yeah that's where I'm at

Him running away is still an ambiguity, him stepping off the pitch then technically he can't be offside 

Garnacho goes down with cramp, ref sees it then plays on but 10 seconds later he blows up for treatment even when not a head injury. Absolute corrupt scumbags

We were never going to score but United wasted at least 2 minutes during the added time and wasnt added on

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Our penalty is scandalous against Burnley. Ref only gives it because Duran rolls around in “agony”; it’s a nothing incident.

Diving is prosperous. 

To be fair he kicked the bottom of his foot

Should it cause him to go down? Probably not, should it cause him to roll round in agony? Hell no 

It's not going to be in the top 10 worst penalty decisions of the season, probably won't even be in the top 5 we see in villa games and in terms of consistency you will see that given more often than not 

Ollie should have had (another) one for a start when he was dragged over setting up the diaby chance 

• Like 2

Reading the Burnley forum they're fuming over Attwell

More over the deliberate hand ball by Carlos to deny a goal scoring opportunity 😂 amazing what other people see, I saw Carlos in possession not the Burnley player, the ball bounce off his thigh and then hit his hand which was in a fairly natural position 

I didn't think it was handball, it's definitely not a red card 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair he kicked the bottom of his foot

Should it cause him to go down? Probably not, should it cause him to roll round in agony? Hell no 

Isak got kicked against Forest - he then managed to land on his feet and spin around to fall to the floor. He’s not impeded, but he’s kicked - plenty of people on here calling it a dive.

This was basically the same. 

I'd been furious too if Villa got that penalty against us. It's happened before so we know how it feels. Minimal contact on the underside of the boot and the player crashes down and rolls around on the pitch. Closer to a yellow card for diving than a pen IMO but great to be on the winning side in a situation like that this time.

• Like 1

Claret and blues off. That penalty was soft as ****! Yes he kicked the bottom of his foot, but it was a touch, it wouldn't have caused him to fall to the ground, he even landed on it first. As for the handball, yes it comes off his thigh, but he pushes it with his hand forwards, yellow all day long. If the likes of Arsenal got them against us, I'd be fuming.

Refs are poor, they aren't just gonna get them right when it goes our way!

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Isak got kicked against Forest - he then managed to land on his feet and spin around to fall to the floor. He’s not impeded, but he’s kicked - plenty of people on here calling it a dive.

This was basically the same. 

Yeah but the spin round gives it away, the fall doesn't correlate with the fall

Yesterday did, the rolling round didn't... But the fall wasn't overly out of place like isaks was

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Our penalty is scandalous against Burnley. Ref only gives it because Duran rolls around in “agony”; it’s a nothing incident.

Diving is prosperous. 

Said in the VAR thread. If that pen goes against this VT would be in meltdown. It’s hardly been mentioned. 

The Jesus penalty shout Vs arsenal was far more of a pen than our one yesterday yet we were all adamant it was right not to give that

Meh, it reminded me of that Fulham penalty against Wolves where the defender goes to clear it and doesn’t realise a Fulham player is about to take the ball from him.

I kinda felt that was a penalty, soft, but probably correct and I feel likewise about the Duran one. I wouldn’t be happy if was given against us, but I’m not typically happy when we concede any penalty.

I’m not a fan of the rolling around, but at the same time we can look at Watkins being pushed over at Wolves, he tries to stay up and gets his shot away, nothing given. If makes more of a meal of it, he probably stands more chance of winning the penalty.

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Said in the VAR thread. If that pen goes against this VT would be in meltdown. It’s hardly been mentioned. 

The Jesus penalty shout Vs arsenal was far more of a pen than our one yesterday yet we were all adamant it was right not to give that

Yeah, there’d be loads about it. Same with the Carlos handball.

”We never get the decisions” “refs are so shit” etc

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah but the spin round gives it away, the fall doesn't correlate with the fall

Yesterday did, the rolling round didn't... But the fall wasn't overly out of place like isaks was

I think it was - he just threw himself to ground. He’s not actually fouled at all and can easily get the ball, but it’s a bigger reward to dive so he did. 

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think it was - he just threw himself to ground. He’s not actually fouled at all and can easily get the ball, but it’s a bigger reward to dive so he did. 

It definitely was. There was absolutely no way that contact made Duran fall. It was an absolutely blatant dive. 

Im not complaining by the way. I’m chuffed we got it. But it’s just funny how the VT mind works

Both Duran feet are off the ground when he gets kicked, it is possible that his body would have fell over after being clipped

I thought last season Digne did the same to a Brighton player and we got away with it when he took out a Brighton player when clearing the ball

• Like 1

Â