Socially Distanced Celebrations

kidlewis

Throughout all of this I’ve always thought: do we honestly believe they’re distancing the second the cameras are off them? There’s no way they’re distancing in the changing room, on the bus, etc. I’m pretty sure it’s for show (which I’m fine with as it sets the right example) but remember they’re also low educated young millionaires. It may be presumptuous but I would bet they don’t care when the camera are off them...

For what it’s worth, I’m sure this is also true of television crews, pundits etc. I know it’s true in offices where no one is really social distancing in the kitchens etc.

Edited by Spoony

27 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I love those running the full length of the pitch celebrations! Think Savo did it once, did Tommy Johnson do it as well at one point? 

Savo did it away at Blackburn, ran the length of the pitch to celebrate with the villa fans at the the other end. Good goal too from memory, outside the box i think.

Cant remember Johnson’s, may have been West Ham away though when he belted in a cracker there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

Surely if you've got 20 players, coaches, managers etc in a small changing room for hours thats more dangerous than a few players celebrating goals together for 5 seconds? Or is it more setting an example thing?

An example thing, nothing to do with reducing the spread as you say, they’re in close proximity more than anyone else right now 

Could understand the noise if they were jumping in to a crowded away end with fans. 

Surely the Rugby lads are in more contact with several scrums in a game rather than a goal celebration 

• Like 1

As someone said, it's just to set an example. They've having to justify playing full stop so seeing 7 or 8 of them hugging each other raises external questions. 

But yeah, it's ridiculous.  Free kicks and corners, tackles and shoulder to shoulder.  So much close contact in games and in training. If they're going to get it, they're going to get it aren't they.  Plus as someone else said Rugby scrums are much worse. 

It's just a symbolic thing, but most players seem to be ignoring it anyway. 

Â