Midweek Football 12/14 January

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pep dislike of centre forwards is baffling, he never seemed to ever fancy Aguero since he arrived but he has had 5 years, an unlimited budget and he has only come up with Jesus who isnt great

For someone who claims 'his job is to get the team into the box and it's the players job from there' he really does seem to undervalue the art of finishing.

I think it might be partly because he's had at least one of the best goalscorers of the generation in every team he's ever managed.

Brighton forever getting plaudits for playing nicely and not getting any points or scoring. This is their 18th game. 56th if you include last season. Maybe their nice play isn't actually effective? The just don't have players who can hurt the opposition. It's just a lot of small, short-passers who don't have the technical ability to overcome their physical shortcomings. They desperately need pace in that team. 

• Like 2

Just now, Keyblade said:

Brighton forever getting plaudits for playing nicely and not getting any points or scoring. This is their 18th game. 56th if you include last season. Maybe their nice play isn't actually effective? The just don't have players who can hurt the opposition. It's just a lot of small, short-passers who don't have the technical ability to overcome their physical shortcomings. They desperately need pace in that team. 

reminds me of that West Brom team under Mowbray, played nice football but did absolutely nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

reminds me of that West Brom team under Mowbray, played nice football but did absolutely nothing.

Fulham are 3 points off them, with 3 games in hand. They are in a relegation fight. They do absolutely nothing. I'm still fuming we lost to them. Nicest team in the league to play against.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Shame we're not going to play Spurs for a while, would've been a very good chance of 3 points tonight with the level they've shown yet again 1 up.

Fulham don't have the quality. We would have scored a couple with the pressure they've been applying all second half.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Very good game, spurs are very poor and predictable. I bet we would have scored 2 or 3 in the 2nd half.

You are welcome Fulham.

I bet Scott Parker will stop moaning about the rearranged fixture now...

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Soteldo just scored a lovely goal for Santos in Libetadores SF v Boca.

He'll be in europe in next 12 months, very similar to Grealish in how he drift along front 3 and can beat players with ease.

Never heard of him before but watching a random YT video I can definitely see similarities with Grealish in relation to how he moves with the ball. Looks tiny though.

Herein lies the problem. When referees are giving fouls like that, they can look at a screen all they want and still get the wrong decisions. Ref just gave a FK because Xhaka breathed on Zaha.

Â