Formula One - 2021

BOF

7 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Fixed!

.... and the wing on one of the Redbulls looks well suspect.

I wish they would check that, was caught for the front wing doing the same a few seasons back. 

As for Hamilton's pace, they can turn the engines up slightly,, an being there are only a few races left, this is most probably what they have done on Lewis's car.

• Like 1

Pleasantly surprised that overtaking was more achievable than it looked like it was going to be but the penalties killed the chance for a race up front and BOT's tyre explosion killed the chance of a constructor battle for points but at least it benefitted Alonso.

I really really hope Renault make him a competitive car for next year. Would be a great storyline.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching the practice session and this track is a tiny bit terrifying.

We'll likely have a moment tomorrow in qualifying where someone comes around a blind corner at 200mph and finds the back of someone on an out lap doing forty and slap bang in the middle of an accident.

It's a hairy place.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

And as I say that, practice finishes with Charles Leclerc popping a Ferrari into the barrier at 150mph.

Could say you [bone]saw that one coming 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Story in the news about Mercedes new sponsor (Kingspan) being the cladding supplier to Grenfell tower.

Calls for the deal to be scrapped. 

It's a bit ridiculous really. The problem is neither Kingspan nor the product. The regulations incorrectly decided that spec was safe for that kind of building when it shouldn't have been. But in an emotive topic like this one people are rarely concerned with the details.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BOF said:

It's a bit ridiculous really. The problem is neither Kingspan nor the product. The regulations incorrectly decided that spec was safe for that kind of building when it shouldn't have been. But in an emotive topic like this one people are rarely concerned with the details.

Isn’t stopping Michael Gove for some reason trying to take a win from it, shameful little goblin.