Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Has anyone seen the new Sky Sports advert? If not its

It was shot at the end of last season and there are some great shots in there particuarly of crowds.

One game that is very prominent is Spurs v Small Heath from the final day of the season which most enjoyable results, I think my favourite being the Blues fan blubbering right at the end.

Oh and the strap line at the end is 'Because you can't always be there' which is so apt on so many different levels.

A couple of years ago there was one of their lot on Sky before a Small Heath v Villa game, he lived right by their ground and for some reason Sky went to his house. Anyway he showed his Small Heath tattoo to the camera but had to admit he had got it wrong and had got the world and the football the wrong way around.

I wish I could find a picture of that.

What a dick.

Has Gardner got a boner there?!

Well he can't hide the excitement that he's finally going to be able to sign for his boyhood club Scumderland.

Number 11 looks like a white version of Gabby and number 5 looks like he should be hanging around public toilets (apparantly)!!

I want the noses to go through tonight. Not that I think they will.

If they go through, 3 wonderful things happen.

1. It guarantees them six utterly pointless group matches that will wreck their championship campaign. The championship already being midweek quite often during European weeks.

2. The knock on of #1 is the fixture congestion later in the season where they'll have no break and where their small championship squad will presumably be more tired by that stage having played in far flung places earlier in the season. The other consequence is that having played fewer games to that point, they will likely be lower in their league table and that has it's own motivation issues. The longer you spend at the wrong end the more likely you are to stay there even if if you have games in hand. The prospects of consecutive relegations go up.

3. And the beauty of it all is that anything they do in those group games will help the English co-efficient, thereby ironically helping the teams in the PL of which they're not a member.

So, it's win-win tonight. If they go through, they could be ****. If they don't go through then we can laugh at their failure in their last European participation for a while.

Yep. I'm in total agreement with you, either way I will be happy and they will be ****.

I actually wonder if they can financially manage with Europa league football, I mean they aren't going to be on TV, their attendances will be shit and they are only charging £10 a ticket tonight. With the travel costs, the extra appearance money for players etc I think playing in Europe will end up costing them a lot of money and that is one thing they really haven't got.

I actually hope they go through because the consequences could be delightful.

I'd disagree, they aren't good enough to come back up and I think there are worse teams who will go down. Therefore by losing tonight they will ruin probably their only chance of playing in Europe. All I'm hearing is that they're in Europe, so it seems that European football will be their season. Therefore it would be bittersweet for them to lose tonight and go back to Championship football week in week out.

no.

Not on the bench either.

Saw a piece on SSN yesterday where Hughton said he was injured, which is why he hadnt played a game yet, although he's been on the bench in most games so if he's not fit then surely he wouldnt have been on the bench in those games either? Meh.

Â