Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

"How to buy a football club" mentioned SHA as a club that is looking for new owners...

Theres quite a difference between looking for new owners and going into administration!

Theres a rumour doing the rounds that small heath are about to go into administration.

I've not heard any rumours but it is a distinct possibility.

We already know that they ran at a loss last season, a loss funded by Carson Yeung.

We also know that their potential income in the Championship will not be sufficient to meet their cost base which means they would again be running at a loss, a potentially bigger loss than last season.

So if Carson Yeung's assets are frozen and his ability to fund Small Heath is affected then their is a chance of them becoming insolvent which would resolve in administration.

As I say I've not heard any rumours that such a move is close but it is perfectly possible. If it is close though I'd expect to see an urgent fire sale of what remaining talent they have and I wouldn't expect them to be signing players even on free's.

So I think rumours of administration are premature but it does remain a distinct possibility in the future.

surely yeung would sell up before considering administration?

What a businessman, has a good look at small heath when they're in the Championship but decides not to buy, then when they're promoted (and cost more) he buys them, now back in the small time he might have to sell them again :crylaugh:

The point is if his assets are frozen he can't sell. Plus he only owns something like 24%, nobody really knows who owns the rest and who the hell in their right mind is going to buy into that?

Im sure between us we could get a whip round for the 60 quid needed, then we could steal all their play....Oh!

oh dear it gets worse for the blosers

West Brom and Swansea on alert as Birmingham put Foster up for £1m hire

By Neil Moxley

Last updated at 10:30 PM on 20th July 2011

Ben Foster is available to play in the Barclays Premier League for £1million next season after relegated Birmingham's worsening financial plight forced the club to take desperate measures.

The former England goalkeeper is at the centre of a novel loan deal dreamed up by the St Andrew's hierarchy, who are keen to remove his £1.5m salary from the books.

If Birmingham fail to win promotion next season, the keeper's new club could buy him at a set figure - likely to be around £4m.

The cut-price offer is the latest attempt to raise cash as the Chinese owners continue to sell off last season's squad while new boss Chris Hughton looks on.

The news that Foster is available for such a lowly sum will interest neighbours West Bromwich Albion and new boys Swansea, both of whom are looking for keepers.

West Ham owner David Sullivan and manager Sam Allardyce will undoubtedly keep a close eye on the situation, too, should Rob Green move back into the top flight.

Given his problems in filling the keeper's position at Arsenal, it could be that Arsene Wenger also considers Foster's situation.

Sold: Roger Johnson joined Wolves earlier this month

The ex-Manchester United keeper joined Birmingham for £4m only 12 months ago. So far this summer, Blues have raised almost £13m from selling Craig Gardner, Roger Johnson and Barry Ferguson.

A fee in the region of £2.5m was also agreed as compensation from Aston Villa following manager Alex McLeish's controversial defection.

But those sums, even when added to the parachute payments from the Premier League, do not fill a black hole of over £24m that was revealed in accounts to June 2010.

Allegations of money laundering against owner Carson Yeung have only fuelled speculation that the club are about to implode.

The controlling shareholder took the shock step of naming his son Ryan, 18, on the board this week in a bid to maintain a measure of control.

Acting chairman Peter Pannu has been in Hong Kong looking to drum up investors but with little joy. Now Birmingham plan for Foster, 28, to be loaned while they try to gain promotion without him.

The circus becomes a comedy club!

Putting aside the fact that it is Birmingham City for a second and our own personal satisfaction in watching them slide into a crisis what has been allowed to happen there is a complete and utter disgrace. One with the FA & Premier League I believe should be held accountable for because it again happened on their watch and this sort of thing simply cannot be allowed to continue to happen.

We've seen what happened to Portsmouth who are still struggling to fill their squad for next season, we saw what was happening to Liverpool and we can only imagine what would have happened (if only it had) to Man City when old Shinawatra got banged up had he not sold to the man from the Middle East.

While we are laughing at Blues plight over our breakfasts we really should stop and think about the wider context of this, about the sort of foreign owners that are coming into our game and destroying it and destroying clubs and about the football 'authorities' that keep allowing this sort of thing to happen.

We might all be unhappy with Randy at the moment but when we see what is happening across the city we really should consider ourselves lucky that Ellis got one thing right in his entire time at the club.

We should also between pointing and laughing at Small Heath also have a degree of anger that once again this sort of thing has been allowed to happen even if on another level we take an element of joy from their plight.

Football as a sport, as a try competitive sport is dying both on and off the pitch and sooner or later the PL and the FA are going to stand back and let someone kill a club.

We should all be concerned about that, though I guess most people will simply say "its Small Heath **** em".

And they would be right it is Small Heath, **** em. :D

Â