Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Sounds like a cracking lawyer :lol:

The businessman's lawyer Daniel Marash told reporters after bail was granted: "All they're saying is that he (Yeung) has got a lot of money, and he hasn't paid a lot of tax.

"I mean there's lots of money in my bank account, not as much as his, but I don't pay taxes because it's not taxable."

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Carson Yeung. Hong Kong's very own Harry Redknapp

People are reminded that in recent years members of the previous Board were placed on bail for a significant amount of time

Not really something you should be reminding your fans of.

May as well remind them that the previous board got the team relegated whilst your at it

Come on TSV...lets have an Egg Foo Yeung mock up in prison garb like you did with Sullivan & Brady :-)

Where the bloody hell is Gareth?

Normally good for at least one comedy moment per day, cant believe he is going to let this one pass.

Normally good for at least one comedy moment per day, cant believe he is going to let this one pass.

I'm at work, can't GIMP it up until later I'm afraid.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the 'ghey' implications of what I've written.

As I type..the clubs shares (Birmingham International Holdings Ltd) have been entirely suspended.

Please tell me this is true.

Yes it is true, their shares have been suspended.

What as yet isn't clear is the reason why they have been suspended, there are two possible reasons for such action.

1. The company requests suspension of trade

Usually this is when a company is set to make a significant announcement in order to share holders dumping stock and devaluing the company. It could be that the announcement is to do with participation in a a takeover bid for or by another company. Alternatively it could be because the MD has just been banged up in a foreign jail.

If it is the later and the company has requested a suspension due to bad news it is often simply delaying the inevitable dumping of stock and in some cases making it worse.

2. Stock exchange suspends trading

This is the real biggie, when this happens then the writing is usually on the wall for the company and they rarely return to the stock exchange or even keep going for long. Shareholders are left praying for something back out of their investment but often get next to nothing.

So which is it with Birmingham, all we know is that shares were suspended "pending an announcement" so it would seem its option 1. Much the same as they were suspended back in 2008 when members of the previous board were arrested.

On that occasion they were never charged and their shares went back on the market and weren't too badly affected by the suspension or the news. On this occasion though things could be very very different.

We will just have to sit back with the popcorn and wait and see, one thing is for sure its going to be entertaining.

I'm at work, can't GIMP it up until later I'm afraid.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the 'ghey' implications of what I've written.

:cheers:

Just been reading abou tax evasion and in China there are cases of execution! In Hong Kong however it seems that it is that tax evasion penalties are the debt + 200% :shock:

Â