Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

They've actually signed pretty well this summer for once.

Ethan Laird, Cody Drameh, Miyoshi, Dion Sanderson, Dembele, Stansfield. All players under 25 with exception of Miyoshi who is 26 so they have half a team ready to compete for top 6 in next year or two (this year is too early for them as they just don't have enough at CF).

Not sure Rooney is right fit though. I've given him plenty of stick on this forum in the past but Scott Parker would've been a logical appointment given he has two promotions and promoted some young players at Fulham and Bournemouth so that's where just going for Rooney because he's a name to promote to American audience could backfire a little.

Also Rooney's discipline remains an issue. Wasn't he getting drunk a few times when at Derby, not sure if he's sorted that out since going back to the states but he's had Alcohol issues for most of his career in football.

If the manager is making front page news (and with Rooney it dosen't take a huge amount) it dosen't really set a great example to the squad.

Edited by VillaChris

This would have been like us being 5th in The Championship under Deano and him getting sacked so Gary Neville or someone could take over. 

Ludicrous decision from their owners but I get the feeling with that Wagner tit that he can't be out the limelight for less than 30 seconds. The whole Brady rubbish, the waffle he's spouted since the takeover and now this. 

If this goes pear shaped, I'll be shocked if it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see Daffy Duck rock up and be their next manager. 

Idiots running a club supported by idiots. 

They’re owned by a private equity group.

Private equity groups typically buy up distressed companies and look to make quick wins to increase the value to sell on for a profit. Talking up the future, aligning with big names etc is all about making them look better than they are so that some other poor sap buys them for more than Wagner paid.

Tis my take anyway.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

This would have been like us being 5th in The Championship under Deano and him getting sacked so Gary Neville or someone could take over. 

Ludicrous decision from their owners but I get the feeling with that Wagner tit that he can't be out the limelight for less than 30 seconds. The whole Brady rubbish, the waffle he's spouted since the takeover and now this. 

If this goes pear shaped, I'll be shocked if it doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see Daffy Duck rock up and be their next manager. 

Idiots running a club supported by idiots. 

The alarm bells regards the credibility of a prospective owner is then they rock up wearing the club's scarf to games or wearing the top, pretending to be one of the fans. Reeks of being a chancer who loves to hog the limelight.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s sad that women do this to themselves. Colleen Rooney would leave him a multimillionaire to do as much or as little as she liked.

If his troubles are as bad as some fear it could be more like the Paris Fury situation, she said when Tyson was a wreck she wanted to leave him but feared if she did he’d kill himself one way or another.

My sister in law was in the same class as Colleen at school, lived round the corner from her, and she said that when he was young Wayne chased her for years and Colleen would always knock him back, at least until he became famous. She was the polar opposite of him.

I think there's a reason why's she's hung around for all this time.

• Like 1

Â