Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

Had quite a difficult conversation with my son.

He actually said wouldn’t be good if they got promoted to the premier league because he likes the derbies.

In a way he is right,those matches we play against them are not like any other game.When we beat them the high is greater than any other game.But seeing them in the premier league is just wrong.So wrong.

I’d prefer if they weren’t in the Championship aswell. 

Id prefer if they went bust. I never want to play them ever again. 

10 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

He actually said wouldn’t be good if they got promoted to the premier league because he likes the derbies.

In a way he is right,those matches we play against them are not like any other game.When we beat them the high is greater than any other game.But seeing them in the premier league is just wrong.So wrong.

I am all for it in principle, subject to one rule that all games are played at 8 pm on a Monday

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

How old is he? Has he ever experienced a loss to them? 

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

How old is he? Has he ever experienced a loss to them? 

He is 22 so he missed that run where we lost quite a few times in premier league.I think he is attracted to that deep seated hatred

that we don’t really have with any other team.

2 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

He is 22 so he missed that run where we lost quite a few times in premier league.I think he is attracted to that deep seated hatred

I do with united and spurs 

5 hours ago, av1 said:

spacer.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, av1 said:

I'd at least like a slow steady decline rather than them simply being put out of their misery

20+ years of dropping through the leagues with dwindling crowds no optimism just move from the shit that won't flush in the championship to the shit that won't flush in league 1

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

The heathens are telling themselves that the Europa Conference is not a proper tournament and that we will probably win it but its not a major trophy. A farmers competition no better than the Intertoto apparently.

Meanwhile, they have a thread asking whether or not they will ever be able to average 25,000 for home games. 😀

The irony will surely be lost on those cretins.

It’s no Leylend DAF Trophy that’s for sure 

• Haha 4

On 20/05/2023 at 06:01, Only2McInallys said:

I'm sorry but for me that's not even remotely true. I don't see beating them, as fun as it is, as anything more than maintaining the status quo.

We should beat them, and pretty much always do. Nothing to write home about. Another day at the office.

Beating the likes of Spurs, Man United, Arsenal etc, is far, far more of a high than just putting the sty dwellers back in their box for another year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Only2McInallys said:

Yeah, he won't have experienced the pain we have!

To me there is no upside in playing them. Win, and it is relief, as we are expected to come out on top. Lose, and it is the end of the world as we know it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'm sorry but for me that's not even remotely true. I don't see beating them, as fun as it is, as anything more than maintaining the status quo.

We should beat them, and pretty much always do. Nothing to write home about. Another day at the office.

Beating the likes of Spurs, Man United, Arsenal etc, is far, far more of a high than just putting the sty dwellers back in their box for another year.

Wrong on so many levels. Yes beating those top teams carries with it much more kudos. But if you live in this city, go to work with the great unwashed, suffer their insufferable smugness when they get one over us, then beating them has its own unique pleasure that no other match can replicate. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Just read the 25k thread 🤣

‘ Vile Park ‘ 🤣🤣

One of them also are you suggesting that Emery is a joke manager due to the way he speaks, and we are still enjoying a new manager bounce. 

Plenty of lemon sucking going on. 

The ones who begrudgingly accept he is a good manager suggest he will be off the moment a ‘bigger’ job becomes available such as Real Madrid etc. keep building of those claret and blue coffins boys.

mate

Yeah, I read those posts....ever more desperate things to cling on to in the vain hope that we falter....things that might happen.....and they might, but I think our owners have already proved beyond doubt that they are serious about putting us on the map. Sure, they aren't villa fans per sé but they didn't get to where they in business by investing in dead ducks....so there'll be a plan B,C and D.....to avoid us "proppa" DVBs getting the bedsheets out. Again. Mate.

• Haha 1

Â