Midweek Football 15/17 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Spurs won't win the league. Mourinho is due another meltdown.

They probably won’t, I just don’t understand this theory that Spurs fans/board etc are having to “tolerate” the current situation.

They are going very well, scoring lots of goals, beating big teams, progressing in Europe, top of the league etc. 

1 minute ago, penguin said:

Don’t really buy the whole “boring Mourinho” thing. Of course he can be at times, especially in the big games but they could easily be leading in this one.

But didn’t his Chelsea side hold the record for most goals in a season for a while and his Madrid side still does?

Their last 4 games have all been stinkers. I've had the misfortune of watching them all. 2 wins 2 draws though so not too much to complain about.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Why wasn't that a yellow for Robertson?

*Mike Dean joins the chat*

I've just seen we've been handed a £25,000 fine for our conduct in that game as well due to him handing out cards like confetti. 

Silence is deafening on any comment from them what so ever regarding his performance though.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Football is a business. Entertainment comes second.

Do you have to play 0 shots in 40 minutes football to be successful?

If Spurs don't win the league they've essentially been unwatchable for nothing. Play good football and finish 4th, play shit and finish 2nd? Id rather have some fun.

Its worth nothing as well the big money I.e sponsorships and tv revenue are better if you're playing good football. Better you are to watch, coincidentally the more people watch you.

There's a reason Barcelona became such a global brand 15 years ago and Juventus never were.

Edited by Rino8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

They probably won’t, I just don’t understand this theory that Spurs fans/board etc are having to “tolerate” the current situation.

They are going very well, scoring lots of goals, beating big teams, progressing in Europe, top of the league etc. 

My theory is that spurs fans are a bunch of deluded c**kwombles.

Edited by The Fun Factory

5 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Do you have to play 0 shots in 40 minutes football to be successful?

If Spurs don't win the league they've essentially been unwatchable for nothing. Play good football and finish 4th, play shit and finish 2nd? Id rather have some fun.

Its worth nothing as well the big money I.e sponsorships and tv revenue are better if you're playing good football. Better you are to watch, coincidentally the more people watch you.

There's a reason Barcelona became such a global brand 15 years ago and Juventus never were.

Man United 1-6 Spurs

Spurs 2-0 Arsenal

Spurs 2-0 Man City

Spurs 7-2 Maccabi Haifa

Premier League position 1

Europe League position 1

GD position 1 (50% better than 2nd, Liverpool reigning champions)

Unwatchable :lol: 

• Like 1

FFS I really can't stand Liverpool and I'm starting to feel the same way about Klopp.

I hope City pull their finger out their arse because I can't handle them winning back to back titles and never hearing the end of how they are the greatest side the world has ever seen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Man City, Arsenal, Man United not big sides? 10 goals past them in 3 games. 

I'm not arsed to spend the next 10 minutes finding stats to spin for my narrative, but using a result against Arsenal to prove anything is reaching a bit you know 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Genie said:

Man City, Arsenal, Man United not big sides? 10 goals past them in 3 games. 

Arsenal and Man United I wouldn’t call big sides this season. They’re losing to all sorts of sides. Arsenal are in danger of being dragged into a relegation battle.

Their 2 goals past Man City came from 34% possession and 4 shots to Man City’s 11. I’d compare that to West Ham’s performance against us where they also somehow scored 2.

With the players at his disposal Mourinho’s approach to games is bizarre. Even ignoring games against the big teams they dropped 2 points against Palace because they decided to defend after going a goal up for no reason. They were all over Palace when they actually tried to attack.

Â