Midweek Football 15/17 December

andykeenan

I said it last weeks given how bad the teams are at the bottom 20/25 points will be enough to stay up this season 

Chris wilder reminded me of paul Jewell and Phil brown.and where are they now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He did a wonderful job last season.

Credit were highly justified. 

He did but you also wished Smith was the same as Wilder and made that clear all season. You don’t know anything about football do you?

Ill ask again. Ever played football in your life?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He did but you also wished Smith was the same as Wilder and made that clear all season. You don’t know anything about football do you?

Ill ask again. Ever played football in your life?

It hasn't lasted, but he worked a miracle with them last season until lockdown. There's nothing wrong with looking at a manager who gets such a shit team performing so extraordinarily well and thinking lessons could be learnt from them.

It's a bit laughable now it's all fallen apart, and I can't help thinking publicly saying "They're a bunch of Championship and League 1 players" publicly immediately prior to this record breaking losing run might take the shine off any claims he's a great man manager.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

It hasn't lasted, but he worked a miracle with them last season until lockdown. There's nothing wrong with looking at a manager who gets such a shit team performing so extraordinarily well and thinking lessons could be learnt from them.

It's a bit laughable now it's all fallen apart, and I can't help thinking publicly saying "They're a bunch of Championship and League 1 players" publicly immediately prior to this record breaking losing run might take the shine off any claims he's a great man manager.

Fair enough. I think it was using Wilder as a stick to beat Smith that used to really wind me up. I got nothing against Smith or Sheffield United. But you could clearly see it was a team that had a massively over achieved in the first season and would struggle the next. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He did a wonderful job last season.

Credit were highly justified. 

He did indeed.

Getting this side, which I had tipped to be rock bottom on paper, to a top half finish was an absolute miracle.

• Like 1

It's a bad spell. I think Wilder could go to another lower prem club and do alright although doubt too many will be going after him in a hurry so he'll probably end up at another championship club.

Graham Potter is the one I don't get the fawning over compared to say DS from last season. Brighton have won about 5 games in 12 months.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

It's a bad spell. I think Wilder could go to another lower prem club and do alright although doubt too many will be going after him in a hurry so he'll probably end up at another championship club.

Graham Potter is the one I don't get the fawning over compared to say DS from last season. Brighton have won about 5 games in 12 months.

I dont think Wilder will get a similar job if honest and I rate him but he isnt a firefighter. The system he built took time and a pre season

Potter i also agree on, he did well at Ostersund but has been overhyped in England for doing nothing 

Edited by Zatman

Â