The Beach Boys or The Beatles?

rjw63

Beach Boys or Beatles?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Beach Boys or Beatles?

• Beach Boys
    • Beatles

How come??

he changed the arrangement or something and even helped with the lyrics as Paul was struggling on bit sof it .. when they bitchiness started in the 70's Lennon denied any knowledge of the song and said it was "All Pauls" but if you read some of the obscure Beatles publications I have then Mal Evans etc point to Lennon's input

it's often the way they worked so not that big a deal and McCartney may still have produced the same song without help

Ah OK. I thought you were going to say Lennon wrote the bridging part (why she had to go etc).

Agreed.

he Beatles are without doubt the greatest group of musical artists in recorded history

Can't wait for Bicks to comment on that :-)

I listen to the Beatles, quite regularly in fact. I don't listen to the Beach Boys.

Not saying they're better, just personal taste (how diplomatic of me :D).

I love both bands, Pet Sounds and Smile are groundbreaking masterpieces - to counter that I feel that The Beatles have a wider range of music that simply doesn't dissapoint.

Lennon and Wilson are my two favourite songwriters too - some kind of magic must have been going on in both minds during the 60's.

The Beatles just about win this one for me, but it is close - Revolver is my favourite album of all time, and is perhaps underrated behind Sgt.Pepper, White Album, abbey Road and Let it be - for me Revolver perfectly sums the Beatles up - experimental, timeless and classic, classic songwriting.

Great thread Rob! :nod:

I can't help but admire the Beatles, their success and range of hits is astounding but on a personal level given a jukebox with 2 songs one a Beatles hit and the other a Beach Boys hit if I only could play one then it would be the Beach Boys.

Now Beatles, Beach Boys or The Kinks and there would be no contesting The Kinks.

he Beatles are without doubt the greatest group of musical artists in recorded history

Can't wait for Bicks to comment on that :-)

He will be seething when he logs on and finds this thread.

I predict a riot :)

Or the Bleatles?

and their first Number 1

From me to Ewe

and before anyone tries to argue Please Please Me was not an official number 1 ,

Â