rjw63

Beach Boys or Beatles?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Beach Boys or Beatles?

• Beach Boys
    • Beatles

A Day In The Life Of A Tree

Listen to that one again Mike...........its very autobiographical by Brian

Oh and if it sounds strange its because then-manager jack rielly is on lead vocal

The Beatles were unquestionably fantastic, but the Beach Boys just shade it for me.

The moved from being a brilliant pop band to being merely a brilliant band. Sunflower is a personal favourite, Dennis really stepped up to the front for that one. One of the great rock and roll icons.

Seeing Brian Wilson perform Smile in brum was pretty special, probably my favourite gig of all time.

Sunflower is a personal favourite, Dennis really stepped up to the front for that one. One of the great rock and roll icons.

Agree 100% with that

I can't think of a single competition the Beatles would win.

Thats like saying Barry isn't a good player as he's never won a trophy

Ringo Starr was a far far better drummer than anyone gives him credit for ... The drumming on She Said , She said I'm reliably informed is nothing short of impossible

The myth that The Beatles couldn't play is born out of nothing more than people wanting to knock them , they were very tight and very good accomplished musicians ... they didn't turn up in a studio and get all these records by luck , even the arrnagements by George Martin were a 2 way thing it wasn't like Martin took a crap song and transformed it

It's true that Lennon \ Mccartney borrowed ideas but it never harmed Oasis or The Jam did it ? .. bit of trivia Lennon borrowed the melody for All you need is Love , from "Three blind Mice " believe it or not

Ever listened to The Beach Boys' "Girl Don't Tell Me" ? (I think it's on "Summer Days...And Summer Nights", but ICBA to check).

It's a great track.

Now listen to Ticket To Ride! (Note: TTR came out first...)

I never fail to be bemused by how wrong people who disagree with me are. :D

The Beach Boys better than the Beatles. Like saying Pompey are better than Barcelona.

You boys is well deluded an that.

I never fail to be bemused by how wrong people who disagree with me are. :D

The Beach Boys better than the Beatles. Like saying Pompey are better than Barcelona.

You boys is well deluded an that.

I like this bloke

The poll results speak for themselves.

Remind me how many good number one singles there are in a year

IMO, quite a few.

I suppose not everyone has good music taste (like me) though. :winkold:

Â