The Beach Boys or The Beatles?

rjw63

Beach Boys or Beatles?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Beach Boys or Beatles?

• Beach Boys
    • Beatles

So if you're between 53 and 62, I guess what I'm saying is: **** off. That sums up my post in one sentence.
Gee, thanks, Levi.

Terrible thing, envy.

You lot elevated generational rivalry ("don't trust anyone over 30") to an art form...

The old saw about grandparents and children getting along comes to mind...

You lot elevated generational rivalry ("don't trust anyone over 30") to an art form...

The old saw about grandparents and children getting along comes to mind...

Don't have any grandchildren yet. But my daughters (20 and 18 ) love music from many eras , not least the 60s.

I agree Yuen......but he lived a fooking great life in those 39 years.......culminating in giving Mike Love a grandchild (that he has always denied is his)!!!!

Yes, you're not wrong. Married four times wasn't he by the age of the 39 yrs!

'leviramsey' I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are saying? Are you are suggesting that one needs to be a certain age to appreciate various forms of music?

I'm just 30yrs old and probably have the most electic musical taste of anyone I know, from Wagner to Fantomas, the list is varied to say the least!

The brainwashing at work... ;)

There's a lot of music I like from the '60s.

For instance, I've "locked" the following songs from XM's 60s channel on my Nexus (basically, I set the radio to record a channel for a few hours, delete DJ chatter and channel jingles; once the gig or so of flash memory gets full, future recording sessions will overwrite older ones, except for the songs that I've specifically locked... locking thus denotes the songs that aren't expendable):

Beach Boys - I Get Around

Percy Faith - A Summer Place

Elvis Presley - Suspicious Minds

The Who - Pinball Wizard

Del Shannon - Runaway

Marcels - Blue Moon

Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman

Marvin Gaye ft. Tammi Terrell - Ain't no Mountain High Enough

Yardbirds - Heart Full of Soul (though I prefer Rush's cover)

Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds of Silence

Cliff Nobles & Company - The Horse

J.J. Jackson - But It's Alright

Johnny Rivers - Poor Side of Town

Frank & Nancy Sinatra - Somethin' Stupid (though perhaps more for the use of the song on one of my favorite episodes of Coupling)

Sam the Sham - Wooly Bully

(out of 57 total from the channel...)

'leviramsey' I'm not sure I follow exactly what you are saying? Are you are suggesting that one needs to be a certain age to appreciate various forms of music?

I'm just 30yrs old and probably have the most electic musical taste of anyone I know, from Wagner to Fantomas, the list is varied to say the least!

No, I'm saying that the most reliable judgement, the one least likely to be clouded by memories of young love or by parental brainwashing, is of music from the ten years before or five years after your birth.

I agree Yuen......but he lived a fooking great life in those 39 years.......culminating in giving Mike Love a grandchild (that he has always denied is his)!!!!

Yes, you're not wrong. Married four times wasn't he by the age of the 39 yrs!

yes - Carol, Barbara, and Karen Lamm twice (and a close call with Christine McVie)

No, I'm saying that the most reliable judgement, the one least likely to be clouded by memories of young love or by parental brainwashing, is of music from the ten years before or five years after your birth.

I'd like to see a complex mathematical algorithm to support this claim.

Â