The Beach Boys or The Beatles?

rjw63

Beach Boys or Beatles?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Beach Boys or Beatles?

• Beach Boys
    • Beatles

Forget the Beach Boys indifferent 80's and 90's output - from the early years, who do you think was better?

General concensus would say Beatles.......but you just listen to some of their early 60's output then listen to The Beach Boys Brian Wilson produced masterpieces.....in my opinion theres no contest.

If Brian hadnt imploded in 1967 "Smile" would have blown Sgt Peppers away.

At least I know Bicks will vote with me (but Billy Shears won'tt!!)

edit: Maqroll's Zep/Who poll inspired this

Beach Boys 100%.

The Beatles are possibly the most overrated band in history. The Beach Boys were a better pop band. FACT! Even George Martin concedes that Sgt. Pepper was conceived as an attempt to equal Pet Sounds. The Stones and probably every other British Invasion band were better rock bands. The Beatles were nothing more than the *NSync of their day. FACT!

Beatles by miles and miles , even before Eddie Van Halen ruined Californian Girls :-)

Pet Sounds may have influenced Sgt Pepper but Wilson also conceeded that Rubber Soul was the influence for Pet Sounds so it's a weak arguement

as for The Beatles being the N Sync of their day , I now award you the prize for the dumbest post in the history of the Internet , it's a lifetime award as I seriously doubt that statement will ever be beaten ... Take a bow and keep your acceptance speech down to 2 minutes :-)

The Beatles ARE the most influential band in history ..

Well you know where my vote goes :) However, I listen to the Beach Boys and love what they did, but for me it just doesn't hit the spot. I soon get tired of listening. But with the Beatles ( pre White Album) I hang on every note of 90% of their songs.

The Beatles weren't just the band, they played out of tune a lot in the early days, McCartney comes across as an arse in interviews, Lennon's songwriting was inferior to McCartneys, but when it all came together those few short years nothing can hold a candle to them, even to this day.

Sorry Rantin, the Beach Boys were less popular and deservedly so :)

Also remember the production.

Beatles - George martin.

Beach Boys - Brian wilson (totally self taught)

The Beach Boys all the way for me.

The inspiration for the Beatles goes back before 'Pet Sounds' to 'All Summer Long' (1964) and 'Today' (1965) especially side 2 of that particular album.

The song 'Surf's Up' is more creative than anything the Beatles had done.

I do really like George Harrison who was the best and most creative Beatle in my opinion!

The inspiration for the Beatles goes back before 'Pet Sounds' to 'All Summer Long' (1964) and 'Today' (1965) especially side 2 of that particular album.

You are a man of knowledge and good taste, sir ;-)

You are a man of knowledge and good taste, sir ;-)

But he likes George the best so there goes the taste :)

Â