Weekends Football 30 & 31 October/1 November

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Salah and mane have some weird genetic thing where a hand on their shoulder causes their knees to buckle 

Jack's bad for buying contact and then overselling it, those 2 are down right cheats 

I don't blame Jack. The refs are horrible. Unless you look like you've been scythed down, they won't give anything. Might as well oversell it.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Patrick Bamford has just missed an absolute sitter of a header from four yards out and Leicester have gone straight up the other end and scored.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I'm laughing too hard to worry about it.

Missed a second sitter at the end of the half as well.

tenor.gif

• Like 1

Maddison brought on to bring some creativity, and seems to be doing a lot of the "holding on to the ball too long" that gets leveled at Grealish. Except he's not even dragging defenders out and going by them, he's just getting the ball taken off him or going sideways/backwards.

3 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Typical that Bamford had the game of his life against us, nice to see him returning to his normal game right after!

Good lesson for our team though. Glad we got that out of the way early. Don't underestimate anyone in this league, even the seemingly innocuous Patrick Bamford.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Good lesson for our team though. Glad we got that out of the way early. Don't underestimate anyone in this league, even the seemingly innocuous Patrick Bamford.

I dont know if there is a lesson to be learn from someone having the game of his life! He will never play that well again!

10 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Getting hammered by Leeds is looking like a pretty poor result. They lost both games either side of the win against us.

It's a pattern with our team.

We can't deal with teams who don't give us time on the ball. Who press us hard and is in our faces.

Edited by villalad21

12 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Getting hammered by Leeds is looking like a pretty poor result. They lost both games either side of the win against us.

They are poorly matched against teams like Leicester as are we against teams like Leeds and Southampton. Keep in mind, we also beat Leicester.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

We can't deal with teams who don't give us time on the ball. Who press us hard and is in our faces.

we beat the best pressing team in Europe over the last few years 7-2

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Not sure I think its down to energy and effort. Barkley gave a 10/10 performance against Liverpool. he hasnt shown that level in the next three games. 

Â