Final Preseason Warm Up Looks Promising

TheAuthority

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Steer made 2 very good saves and really you couldn’t argue if Utd had scored 3 or 4 goals by halftime. We had a short spell but with 10 mins to go everyone looked exhausted.

I mentioned this yesterday, I am glad we pencilled this friendly in. It will do us good to get 90 minutes under our belts before our first league game.

Glad to hear Capt. Jack is back!...

Spoiler

BHfVYCr.jpg

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

never spoken of again as does the quality of the feed that AVTV provided.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I mentioned this yesterday, I am glad we pencilled this friendly in. It will do us good to get 90 minutes under our belts before our first league game.

Hide contents

BHfVYCr.jpg

OMG he is Alan Partridge. He had some sort of weird reverb on his voice feed too. I do like him but it’s  embarrassing !!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Reveal hidden contents

BHfVYCr.jpg

I thought he was furloughed before furloughing was even a thing? 😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

This is for all of my fellow VT'ers who didn’t get see to the game:...

Thanks for the report mate.

Did we change personnel in the 2nd half or just DS getting into them a bit at HT? (no Kenneth gifs please 😉

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, eholm said:

Thanks for the report mate.

Did we change personnel in the 2nd half or just DS getting into them a bit at HT? (no Kenneth gifs please 😉

Only Samatta, Jota and Elmo came on.  Found this a bit odd as I don't see them as our best substitute options. Unless we are saving the likes of Davis, AEG, Ramsey and Guilbert for the Cup match.

• Thanks 1

let's not get too carried away by pre season.

We had a decent pre season last year, scoring a lot of goals and even beating Leipzig.

Didn't translate to the league.

I will be hopeful if we get martinez, a new mc and a new rw/if, I think with those final purchases we will hopefully look a very different prospect.

Still nervous though.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

We had a decent pre season last year, scoring a lot of goals and even beating Leipzig.

I will be hopeful if we get martinez, a new mc and a new rw/if, I think with those final purchases we will hopefully look a very different prospect.

Still nervous though.

I was thinking the same. Promising signs at the moment, but the same could have been said last summer after RB Leipzig win. A few additions and a good start results wise, and I will start to believe we may have a better season. We know from our experience last season that a string of bad results can quickly destroy confidence, then promising performances suddenly become awful performances.

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Still nervous though.

Exactly what we need. At the moment, Hourihane and Trezeguet are still starting and they aren’t premier league quality players. This needs to be addressed before I’m confident we will have a decent season. 

Just watched the extended highlights on youtube and we looked pretty much wide open in defence. Very similar to before the lockdown last season. Must have been close to 20 Man U chances or half chances in the first half alone. 2nd half looked a bit better.

Only a friendly but this was our current best 11 against a mostly second string Man U. Really hope we can get 2 or 3 guaranteed starters in before the window closes.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Just watched the extended highlights on youtube and we looked pretty much wide open in defence. Very similar to before the lockdown last season. Must have been close to 20 Man U chances or half chances in the first half alone. 2nd half looked a bit better.

Only a friendly but this was our current best 11 against a mostly second string Man U. Really hope we can get 2 or 3 guaranteed starters in before the window closes.

I would say its critical that we get 3 signings in.... (gk, mc, rw/if)

The first 11 that played yesterday I don't think will fare much better than last years 11 (mainly because except for 2 players it was effectively the same 11), even allowing for watkins being better for our style of play, he can't turn us in to a mid table team alone.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I would say its critical that we get 3 signings in.... (gk, mc, rw/if)

The first 11 that played yesterday I don't think will fare much better than last years 11 (mainly because expect 2 players it was effectively the same 11), even allowing for watkins being better for our style of play, he can't turn us in to a mid table team.

Ideally I'd like a more experienced CB and another LB as well but yeah CM, RW and GK are essential.

Edited by sne

8 hours ago, sne said:

Ideally I'd like a more experienced CB and another LB as well but yeat CM, RW and GK are essential.

yeah wouldnt say no to a new CB & LB (Targett definitely needs some competition that isnt Taylor), but only after the GK, CM, RW/IF are sorted first. (and we have some money left)

• Like 1

Thanks for the read.

Your bit where you said: *had many balls flash across the 6 yard area*, I was like wow all those people have missed out on a  chance for some heck of a bunch of balls here for a fiver.

Very good review though, you seemed to of enjoyed it for alot of reasons.