Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Traores back from injury in 2 weeks apparently has a chance to make citeh game if not back for arsenal

I think this makes sense. Maybe emery can get best out of him. We know bert has great ability. Him and bailey can cause any side problems

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Thanks 1

I expect better from Buendia and Bailey, I rate both of them, Emi very highly. I expect big improvements too…

But… have they been better than BT was back then? So far? Not sure… I’m leaning towards no…

He has plenty to offer and makes our squad, if not team, stronger.

Good to have him back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I expect better from Buendia and Bailey, I rate both of them, Emi very highly. I expect big improvements too…

But… have they been better than BT was back then? So far? Not sure… I’m leaning towards no…

He has plenty to offer and makes our squad, if not team, stronger.

Good to have him back.

Attacking-wise - they have not been better.

But I don't think highlight reels will show Traore jogging back to track his man so you need a mix of players.

Traore is a good choice to come back because of his trickery but he will be limited in that I don't think he'll fancy playing as an additional wingback at times and/or pressing hard as one of the top two all game.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

We really weren't struggling. It was our best season in the last dozen years and up to about February we were looking good for a top 8 spot. Fell away towards then end and since then it has been largely mediocre until the last few months.

Yup mediocre, up and down, struggling towards the end of that season and hence disappointing in the end.

However semantics aside, I'd hope Traore would improve under Emery with a better manager.

That was the emphasis on now, the future and not in the past.

15 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

But I don't think highlight reels will show Traore jogging back to track his man so you need a mix of players.

Traore is a good choice to come back because of his trickery but he will be limited in that I don't think he'll fancy playing as an additional wingback at times and/or pressing hard as one of the top two all game.

A lot of games our main issue is the creativity, not the lack of pressing. For example last game against Southampton, or even Wolves (especially second half).

17 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

At his best Bertie can be brilliant. Usually we have to watch a lot of average to get to the brilliant bits, but hopefully Unai can inspire him and facilitate a system that enables his creativity.

Very true - but those brilliant bits are world class bits. No one will convince me that his goal against the baggies was anything but and the way he left KDB on the floor at City.

Bertie is a typical consistently inconsistent winger - but his best bits are worth waiting for. Love it now he is back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

He's competing with Bailey who doesn't track back much. If he's playing up top with Watkins he's fine. If it's in right mid then he needs to defend

27 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I think he’ll be competing for Bailey’s position (healthy) rather than a place in midfield. His talents are best used in attack.

But proper coaching and instruction will be given to him this time, under Unai and his team, maybe he’s not had a heap of that in his career… best manager he will have played under?

Â