Birmingham Stabbing Attacks

ThunderPower_14

2 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Middle Eastern countries seem to have low crime rates and very harsh penalties? Is that due to religion/culture rather the fear of being caught? Sorry, I haven't checked the stats in advance.

I reckon it’s probably out of fear of being caught and tortured.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Could you flesh this concern out a little more? 

I'm occasionally a reluctant Green voter, and one of the things that I've found a bit distasteful in several of their manifestos is reducing the number of women in prison for non-violent offences. It's always seemed to me that sex has nothing to do with it, and it should be reducing the number of people that commit non-violent crimes, regardless of their genitals. It always struck me as an inherently sexist policy. 

In principle, yes, I agree - prison is not an appropriate approach for nonviolent crime, regardless of sex. But, pragmatically, as things stand, imprisoning women has a worse effect on families. 

44 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

My first sexual encounter was rogering identical twin daughters and their mom one after another.

Me and my mate were in the Acorn in Erdington once and we had a mother and her two daughters ask us if we wanted to go round the back of Iceland to shag them against the bins...my standards are pretty **** low but even I couldn't go for that.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Out of curiosity, how many prisons have you been in?

How many have you seen the state of the cells, felt the cold and the rain through the broken windows? How many have you first hand seen the cockroach problem in the kitchen? Have you laid down on a prison bed? Have you shared a cell that has a shared, broken toilet with no seat that can be seen by the other prisoner whilst you shit? Have you eaten a prison lunch? What do they have for lunch? Have you worn the second hand prison issue white trainers? 

Which prisons are the easy ones with good food and nice cells and a spirit of friendship in the workshop queue?

I think i answered this earlier look.above 🙂

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

prison is not an appropriate approach for nonviolent crime,

It's used too much for non-violent crime, but I think it most definitely can be appropriate for non-violent crime. Non-violent isn't the same as victimless. Pensioners swindled or robbed, massive fraud, serious espionage, all kinds of crime to me seems like incarceration is the least bad option. But I agree that rehabilitation etc is pretty lacking. 

• Like 1

Â