Birmingham Stabbing Attacks

ThunderPower_14

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Welcome to Birmingham 2020 

Absolute hole. I've been working in the city centre for 23 years more or less and I hate the place now. Can't wait to get the train home after work. Hopefully i'll be there less and less now if we can work from home more. 

18 hours later and no official Police description of the attacker or CCTV stills. I find this strange as Brum is chock full of cameras and there are plenty of eye witnesses. 

Sorry mate have to disagree big time

Birmingham city centre is so far from a absolute hole, it's a fabulous vibrant place. It's better than it's ever been and i'm in my 60's.

I love going into the city centre, the bars, the restaurants, the ever changing places. 

I Love Birmingham. Yes there are places in it that are not what they were, but the city centre is a great place.

There are idiots and arseholes everywhere in the world. You can not legislate for a psychopathic idiot. That can happen anywhere in the world.

The city centre is fabulous, in all the times i've been there i've never ever felt in danger or at risk......

maybe i've been lucky, maybe i've had my eyes shut but Birmingham city centre is a great place and imo it's definitely not a hole.....far from it

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Birmingham city centre is so far from a absolute hole, it's a fabulous vibrant place. It's better than it's ever been and i'm in my 60's.

I love going into the city centre, the bars, the restaurants, the ever changing places. 

I Love Birmingham. Yes there are places in it that are not what they were, but the city centre is a great place.

There are idiots and arseholes everywhere in the world. You can not legislate for a psychopathic idiot. That can happen anywhere in the world.

The city centre is fabulous, in all the times i've been there i've never ever felt in danger or at risk......

maybe i've been lucky, maybe i've had my eyes shut but Birmingham city centre is a great place and imo it's definitely not a hole.....far from it

That's fine, we all see things differently. Maybe I'm jaded to it now, but it feels a lot more moodier than when I started working there 20 plus years ago. 

I agree about the bars and restaurants, far more choice, and in the day its not so bad. At night, I just feel on edge. 

As I say, maybe i've spent too long there over the years, 20 plus years of being there 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm done with it! Give me a quiet village! 

Kind of sounds like this may be a lone attacker then. Wouldn't surprise me if he turns out to be someone with psychological problems.   There is literally no infrastructure now to treat them properly. So many residential homes/hospitals closed and they are turfed out into the community and then the support network has also been savaged. 

My mate is a retired mental health nurse and he's mentiond a few times about the number of probably very dangerous individuals who would previously have been inside somewhere are now on the streets. 

11 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Doesnt seem to be much coverage on news channels. If it was London it would be non stop. Unless the media just don’t know anything yet 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

This is not unusual for london though. Londons stabbings are so common they dont even report many of them these days

59 minutes ago, Xela said:

That's fine, we all see things differently. Maybe I'm jaded to it now, but it feels a lot more moodier than when I started working there 20 plus years ago. 

I agree about the bars and restaurants, far more choice, and in the day its not so bad. At night, I just feel on edge. 

As I say, maybe i've spent too long there over the years, 20 plus years of being there 10-12 hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm done with it! Give me a quiet village! 

I have to say i find Birmingham city centre more unsafe then when i use to come 10-15 years ago. Its more developed for sure and better than it was but it doesnt feel safer for me. 

But thats me as a visitor you people that live there though no more than me ...

15 hours ago, Xela said:

I always find it chilling seeing how calm people look after committing horrific crimes like that. 

I don't think they can do it in any other state ? 

I think its the absent basics emotions means that they don't get the adrenaline rush or panic like normal people.

(Empathy or fear as examples).  Normal people couldn't do the walking around & dodging Police after each incident IMO. 

Totally calm,  meant the Police couldn't find him,  so switched on enough to go all night without being caught. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I don't think they can do it in any other state ? 

I think its the absent basics emotions means that they don't get the adrenaline rush or panic like normal people.

(Empathy or fear as examples).  Normal people couldn't do the walking around & dodging Police after each incident IMO. 

Totally calm,  meant the Police couldn't find him,  so switched on enough to go all night without being caught. 

True

I panic if I accidentally drive down a bus lane!

• Like 1

On 06/09/2020 at 20:19, imavillan said:

Yes a lot different to what is was in the 70s. 

When things like this happen and the Manchester arena which has been in the news today it makes me think that we should bring back the death penalty. Why waste tax payers money on life imprisonment for scum like this. 

Edited by PaulC

17 minutes ago, PaulC said:

When things like this happen and the Manchester arena which has been in the news today it makes me think that we should bring back the death penalty. Why waste tax payers money on life imprisonment for scum like this. 

Nah, too easy and too risky.

Let them live a long long long time.

Â