Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2020/21

Stevo985

The most annoying thing is that this will probably make me go back on my plan to captain Salah for the double gameweek. 

I BET he goes crazy in those two games now.

I brought in Nat Phillips for TAA to afford Kane because by my logic Liverpool had no fit CBs other than him so he was certain to partner Fabinho.

Then Klopp completely Pepped me. God bless Danny Ings for saving my blushes.

BGW is now upon us and I haven't finished building my DGW team but I'm out of time because I need to FH. Bit annoyed that I haven't navigated them well but choosing to bring Kane in and captain him instead paid off to soften the blow.

I’m so glad I didn’t captain Salah this week. My midfield heavy side finished on 86 points this week.

Son, Fernandes, Salah (sigh), De Bruyne and Soucek sorted me out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I’m so glad I didn’t captain Salah this week. My midfield heavy side finished on 86 points this week.

Son, Fernandes, Salah (sigh), De Bruyne and Soucek sorted me out. 

If I'd captained any other midfielder I'd have been fine.

And I'm more annoyed because I sort of knew Son was the right captain but convinced myself Salah would never blank 3 weeks in a row. How wrong I was!

14 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

If I'd captained any other midfielder I'd have been fine.

And I'm more annoyed because I sort of knew Son was the right captain but convinced myself Salah would never blank 3 weeks in a row. How wrong I was!

Son was where my captaincy was. The double-GW will be tricky. Salah looks like a good pick, but recent blanks will really put people off.

I’ve been planning the blank and double game week since halfway through December. I’m sure plans will see me fall flat on my face though. That’s normally what happens when overthinking!

I used up my free hit months ago, so I only have 9 players playing in the blank GW.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Son was where my captaincy was. The double-GW will be tricky. Salah looks like a good pick, but recent blanks will really put people off.

I’ve been planning the blank and double game week since halfway through December. I’m sure plans will see me fall flat on my face though. That’s normally what happens when overthinking!

I used up my free hit months ago, so I only have 9 players playing in the blank GW.

9 players in the blank is fine. If I had that I wouldn't be free hitting. I'd be saving it for the blank in GW29 which could be worse.

As it stands I could only get to 6 blank players with FTs so I have to FH really.

Probably KDB with the captaincy for me in the double. It was going to be Salah but I can't trust Liverpool at the moment. 

35 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

9 players in the blank is fine. If I had that I wouldn't be free hitting. I'd be saving it for the blank in GW29 which could be worse.

As it stands I could only get to 6 blank players with FTs so I have to FH really.

Probably KDB with the captaincy for me in the double. It was going to be Salah but I can't trust Liverpool at the moment. 

I've got 8 players for BGW18 and happy with that. 

Please let us know once you've settled on your captain so we can all go elsewhere. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

If he wasn't made of glass I'd suggest Antonio as captain for the DGW as they've got 2 great fixtures. 

I've been eyeing that up for weeks but he just won't get fit.

I certainly wouldn't be captaining him. And to be honest I'm now thinking of not getting him at all. I just don't think there's any chance he's gong to go from having so long out and not being able to start a match (moyes said last week he's not ready to start) to Starting two games in one week.

It'd be a huge risk imo

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I've been eyeing that up for weeks but he just won't get fit.

I certainly wouldn't be captaining him. And to be honest I'm now thinking of not getting him at all. I just don't think there's any chance he's gong to go from having so long out and not being able to start a match (moyes said last week he's not ready to start) to Starting two games in one week.

It'd be a huge risk imo

Agreed, I'm not holding him. But, it could be a huge payoff and great differential if he did somehow start them both. 

It's not how many players you've got for 18, it's who you've got. I've got 8, but one of them is Riedewald so that's 7. I've basically got 2 big hitters and 5 decent or good. I'm not happy with that even though the number 8 is reasonable with absolutely no other context.

• Like 1

I've been planning for these two game weeks for over a month; then last week changed my plan by avoiding the FH. 

9 players in the BGW with a -4 seems the sensible option.

This then gives me 13 players with DGW's to use my Bench Boost on.

I'll most likely have picked all the wrong players when the games go ahead if current form continues; but on paper it looks great.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BOF said:

It's not how many players you've got for 18, it's who you've got. I've got 8, but one of them is Riedewald so that's 7. I've basically got 2 big hitters and 5 decent or good. I'm not happy with that even though the number 8 is reasonable with absolutely no other context.

I've got 8 players but one of them is Brewster, so in reality I've only got 5 or 6...

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Oh yeah 100%

My players are good players for the blank, but even so, 4 or 5 just isn't enough imo.

Knowing my luck I'll FH and it'll be one of those weeks where the average is about 30

On 27/12/2020 at 23:45, Tomaszk said:

Bit scattergun with my wildcard and I got confused with money a bit.

I made a load of changes, removing Justin, getting £4.6m for him. 

Later I went back to tweak after Matip got injured to take him out and put Justin back, and I had to pay £4.9m?

He was already in my team at the start of the wildcard so surely he should only have cost me £4.6m?

I earned that £0.3m!

I'm sure it didn't used to do this a few years ago :lol:

I've lost £1.2m because I was just doing it willy nilly. Think I brought quite a few in and out.

Good lesson to learn. Do your wildcard in one go!

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh yeah, I’m not put out at having 9 for the BGW, but like a few others, I have a couple of players that probably won’t get me more than a point (Brewster etc), so it’s more like 7.

It’s all about GW19 for me though. Bench boost with 11 players who have 2 games, plus Son, Calvert Lewin, Brewster and Holding. 🤞🙌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Oh yeah, I’m not put out at having 9 for the BGW, but like a few others, I have a couple of players that probably won’t get me more than a point (Brewster etc), so it’s more like 7.

It’s all about GW19 for me though. Bench boost with 11 players who have 2 games, plus Son, Calvert Lewin, Brewster and Holding. 🤞🙌

With the Villa vs City game arranged for GW19 I was heading into it with 15 DGW players! 

But Reece James, Adams and McCarthy have all been injured so if they don't make it I may be forced to hold off on the BB. Hopefuly McCarthy and Adams are back at least and I could probably get James out for a hit. Much less risky to take a hit on a DGW though. They only need one return in two games and they've paid for themselves.

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

With the Villa vs City game arranged for GW19 I was heading into it with 15 DGW players! 

But Reece James, Adams and McCarthy have all been injured so if they don't make it I may be forced to hold off on the BB. Hopefuly McCarthy and Adams are back at least and I could probably get James out for a hit. Much less risky to take a hit on a DGW though. They only need one return in two games and they've paid for themselves.

Similar boat but think I have slightly more for that week. However, I have Brewster who won't do anything, have James to shift and hoping players like Fabianski recover in time.