Milot Rashica

AvfcRigo82

I’d still hake (sorry, take) Rashica. With Trezeguet out he would be a useful squad addition, if the price is right. His pace would give us a different dimension when we need it, eg chasing a game or hitting teams on the break when we’re under pressure. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’d still hake (sorry, take) Rashica. With Trezeguet out he would be a useful squad addition, if the price is right. His pace would give us a different dimension when we need it, eg chasing a game or hitting teams on the break when we’re under pressure. 

The kid was very highly sort after last season. WB messed us about, not him, and it didn’t happen. I don’t think he had such a good season last year but he was in a relegation team and we all know that doesn’t help anyone. 

If the recruitment team think it was a temporary dip and he’s deemed to be the right sort of character to settle in and refind his form, he could be a real bargain. The type that we never seem to have got in the past and then look on in envy at the likes of Leicester. We’re a bit short of pace in the squad, so he could add a new dimension. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

The kid was very highly sort after last season. WB messed us about, not him, and it didn’t happen. I don’t think he had such a good season last year but he was in a relegation team and we all know that doesn’t help anyone. 

If the recruitment team think it was a temporary dip and he’s deemed to be the right sort of character to settle in and refind his form, he could be a real bargain. The type that we never seem to have got in the past and then look on in envy at the likes of Leicester. We’re a bit short of pace in the squad, so he could add a new dimension. 

Examples abound when you look for them. Doesn't even need to be a player in a relegation threatened team, look at Lingard. As the Cliché goes, form is temporary, and this signing still makes way more sense than either Josh King or Chris Woods.

He's almost instantly worth more than we pay for him thanks to the supposed release clause. As to whether we need him, I'd say its not a priority, but if we have the spare fund whilst also getting the other signings we need i'm for it. Could well prove to be a bargain and as you say offer a plan b when we need a bit more pace.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Spot on sir.

There is no doubt he would have been disappointed he didn't get his move.

I think the injuries he apparantly suffered too during last season can also be put to one side and ignored.

I remember similar with Mings at Bournemouth, but since he has been with us he has been ever present bar the odd occasion.

As a whole, I agree Dave. Rocket Man would still be a great addition to our squad and offer us much needed attacking options.

• Like 2

Just now, MrBlack said:

JWP and Rashica not an option?

You can have any mix you like … Just looking at the bigger jigsaw puzzle Lange & co are piecing together in terms of finances & squad build.

• Like 2

I don’t get how Rashica stock has fallen so badly on here from last year. One bad season with a poor team doesn’t mean he is now a bad player - and so what if he didn’t think we were the right fit previously. I’d much prefer that, than someone sign just for the £££ and who doesn’t want to be there… His and our circumstances have changed and I support his signing at a vastly reduced fee 12 months after we were so desperate to sign him. 

He has pace galore, can cover LW/RW WF/ST. If we’ve moved on then great but just don’t understand the jibes and negativity around signing him. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Quicker this thread closes the better. Just signed Buendia and on recent form Anwar and Traore are better options

If we close the thread we wouldn’t have heard your or anyone else’s opinion on the subject. The player continues to be both linked and discussed.

I really don’t understand why people want to close threads simply because they basically don’t agree with the subject. It’s easy enough to just not get involved without imposing your will on those people who wish to carry on with the debate. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If we close the thread we wouldn’t have heard your or anyone else’s opinion on the subject. The player continues to be both linked and discussed.

I really don’t understand why people want to close threads simply because they basically don’t agree with the subject. It’s easy enough to just not get involved without imposing your will on those people who wish to carry on with the debate. 

There is no actual link though, its mainly one guy that was wrong last season hoping to be proven right later 😂