Ollie Watkins

alreadyexists

6 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Not sure how calling you out on being wrong and a liar is trolling but you do you. Just try to be a better poster next time.

Well let me break it down for you kid, calling someone you dont know a liar is abit stupid and childish. Argue your point without the insults for starters. Then trying to make yourself look intelligent with posts like " even you can understand" makes you like obnoxious and arrogant. So i dont think your in a position to tell anyone a "better poster"

Oh look ive stooped to your level.

Anyways im done with this convo. Lets keep it on topic

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Well let me break it down for you kid, calling someone you dont know a liar is abit stupid and childish. Argue your point without the insults for starters. Then trying to make yourself look intelligent with posts like " even you can understand" makes you like obnoxious and arrogant. So i dont think your in a position to tell anyone a "better poster"

Oh look ive stooped to your level.

You blatantly lied about Watkins not celebrating with his teammates against Leeds. It doesn’t get more black and white than that. Its not an insult when it’s the truth and for whatever reason you seem unwillingly to acknowledge it. Debate his misery level all you want but don’t post falsehoods about players. 

18 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

In the first picture, Watkins is the only one to look even remotely happy. Coutinho looks like he’s throwing up. Maybe something for Birmingham Mail to pick up, ”Villa talisman sick of no Bissouma”

That is comical.....made my miserable cheeks stretch.

As a whole.....I genuinely like Ollie, he looks, runs, and plays like a thoroughbred. He looks a proper footballer.

but where's he gone ?

My Ollie has disappeared.....I am genuinely lost on whats happened to him.

Has he been reprogrammed, by Aliens, seen near BMH?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Using the word liar, about another poster, is uncalled for and just plain rude. No need for it. It says more about the poster than it does about the recipient. We should be better than that.

So you are okay that he lies about Watkins not celebrating with his teammates but you are not okay with calling him out on that lie?

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So you are okay that he lies about Watkins not celebrating with his teammates but you are not okay with calling him out on that lie?

If that's a celebration fair enough. But when I look at other players celebrating from other teams, an watch Ollie from last season, they are poor examples. To me it looks like when someone else gets the job you desperately wanted, an you try and be happy for them.

10 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

20220216_061633.jpg

You said he didnt celebrate the goals, then you were wrong and shown photos of him celebrating then changed the argument to call him a troll

Bad form, just admit you were wrong

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As for Watkins he has been poor and really should have been taken out of the forward line a few weeks ago

Its nothing to do with a lack of effort or caring though 

I have to think Gerrard is planning to sit him on the bench for Watford. I would like to think Newcastle was a breaking point. Watkins is probably putting so much pressure on himself as well. A bit of a breather physically and psychologically should do him some good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I do wonder if people would be warbling on about this if he'd been the 2mm required back to be onside for his equaliser the other day. 

Yeah i would be talking about his poor play like when he was playing the same and scored a couple of goals a couple of months ago, as many were on this thread.

On a side note, how often is he just a couple of mm’s from scoring.  Didn’t he have the record for hitting the post last season? I’m sure something like that but mm in a game is the difference from quality players and top quality players in loads of situations so Ollie, if he ever wants to be considered top quality, needs to get on top of that as he seems to be on the wrong side too often.  Can he do it? I don’t know, I hope he can but I think he needs to sort out his play first.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah i would be talking about his poor play like when he was playing the same and scored a couple of goals a couple of months ago, as many were on this thread.

On a side note, how often is he just a couple of mm’s from scoring.  Didn’t he have the record for hitting the post last season? I’m sure something like that but mm in a game is the difference from quality players and top quality players in loads of situations so Ollie, if he ever wants to be considered top quality, needs to get on top of that as he seems to be on the wrong side too often.  Can he do it? I don’t know, I hope he can but I think he needs to sort out his play first.

I used to joke about him last season by saying he was absolutely magnificent at straddling the line between being a terrible finisher and terribly unlucky, lol. It’s like a lot of players who won’t reach that top quality label of their sport/position though. Mings is another example of it. He will never be considered a truly top CB unless he gets rid of the mental lapses/ mistakes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

And heres my research

1st goal border line miserable. Not even running towards coutinho 

20220215_211409.jpg

2nd one again doesnt bother celebrating

20220215_211429.jpg

3rd one he stops after ramsey scores doesnt even acknowledge him or go to him like he is happy with him.

20220215_211458.jpg

Body language speaks volumes

It's crazy how people haven't spotted/are ignoring this. I'm not sure if he's always been this way since he joined us though? AEG never rushed to congratulate others, Ronaldo never has (but we know that's because he wants every goal himself, and knowing AEG, he probably does the same as he likes to copy everything Ronaldo does).

Maybe Ollie is that laid back, it's just the way he is. Either way, it's not body language I particularly like. He's got a very half soaked way about him.

I'd have said Kodjia could be quite a selfish player, but no matter who scored he would go wild.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lexicon said:

I do wonder if people would be warbling on about this if he'd been the 2mm required back to be onside for his equaliser the other day. 

But he has an annoying habit of being offside. We can slate the rule all se like, but whether it’s 2mm or 2m, not being able to look across the line is on the Striker. 

It’s a basic requirement if a striker that Ollie is shit at. 

6 hours ago, TRO said:

As a whole.....I genuinely like Ollie, he looks, runs, and plays like a thoroughbred. He looks a proper footballer.

but where's he gone ?

My Ollie has disappeared.....I am genuinely lost on whats happened to him.

Has he been reprogrammed, by Aliens, seen near BMH?

Where's the whole team gone, bar 3-4 players they all look lost. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

That’s an opinion about Watkins reaction that differs to yours. It’s not a lie. Or is anyone who disagrees with you a liar.

• Thanks 1

Â