Academy General Topic

smetrov

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

From a quick Google it looks like that Walton played close to 30 games for Luton last year so is more experienced than Sarkic.

Actually from a further Google it looks like he's picked up an ankle injury so Sarkic has probably been brought in to play until he's back fit. That's probably why he's only there for 6 months so hopefully he'll get some decent game time.

I think we can now call ourselves experts on the goalkeeping situation at Wigan :D 

• Haha 1

Hopefully start reaping the rewards of this...

Here

"Smack bang in the centre of Dr Tony Xia’smany ambitions for Aston Villa is a great desire to see the club’s academy thrive once again. 

Over the course of the last 12 months, Villa’s youth system has been revamped with the focus now more than ever on finding and nurturing the stars of tomorrow."

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, KSV said:

our under 18s dont look very good. Is this including those 2 new signings we made? Sea and that other fella? 

They've had a tough start to the season, playing Chelsea and Arsenal in the opening few fixtures. A lot of this season's first year scholars have been put into the U18s team this season, results are bound to be a bit erratic

I was saying earlier that every youth player we've brought through the last couple of years has a bit of bite to their game. Watching Davis today he had a few clattering challenges and not only shrugged them off but put himself about too. 

I'm really impressed with the attitude of all of them. A credit to the academy! 

• Like 2

On 9/5/2017 at 11:32, sir_gary_cahill said:

Henry Cowans has signed for Telford, it's on the papers section on the OS, shame really, I always felt he was a good talent

Friend of mine goes to every Telford home game and a lot of away games, said Cowans is a footballer making a living off his dad's name. Been awful since he signed for Telford apparently.

• Like 1

Â