The value of managers

Bugzy1991

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I've shifted the goalposts?

Talk about insane nitpicking which completely irrelevant to the discussion before. 

I apologize for not realising you meant the 97% then. Even though it wasn't part of the discussion before.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I think there's a 97% chance bugzy has a WhatsApp group on the side where he's typing things like "got em on strings lads lol" 

It's what I'm doing :)

My goal was to show @Bugzy1991 was talking absolute shite and I've achieved it :) 

Anyway like I'm said, I'm bored.  @Bugzy1991 hasn't been able to produce ANYTHING he's been asked for. And is actually expecting to be taken seriously :D 

Have a good evening gentlemen.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's what I'm doing :)

My goal was to show @Bugzy1991 was talking absolute shite and I've achieved it :) 

Anyway like I'm said, I'm bored.  @Bugzy1991 hasn't been able to produce ANYTHING he's been asked for. And is actually expecting to be taken seriously :D 

Have a good evening gentlemen.

Yes you win. You baited me to provide something which wasn't relevant to the point before..and I didn't realize it. 

So yes. You win. If you wanted that 97% I can't provide that in 1-2 hours. The other 3% I can. 

But given everything gets hung on the other 97% you got me.

Have a good evening

Edited by Bugzy1991

5 hours ago, Bugzy1991 said:

So one season means more than every other season where he sucked? 

Was he a genius for 1 year he managed to over achieve... And then after he just forgot how to be a football manager? 

Can't tell if you guys are being serious giving this guy credit for this lol. 

He's done good and bad jobs at other clubs like 95% of managers out there.

Brilliant in his first spell at Valencia, less so in his second. Disaster at Atletico Madrid. So so at Chelsea, great escape at Parma, excellent 2nd place finish at Roma in 2009/10 when they could've easily pipped Mourinho's Inter to the league title then afterwards he became journeyman manager. As you say awful at Greece and then he wins a premier league title a year later. Bit like Nigel Pearson getting sacked from a Belgium second division club and six months later he's beating Liverpool 3-0. How much of Watford revival is down to him then?

21 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

You now what. Let's do it...you never asks how much  indetail I have to go into for the other 97% 

You said that the other 97% only takes 1 minute

31 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

But you want me to go into in-depth analysis as to the other 97%? Who ever does this. This whole discussion has been on the 3%. That takes 1-2 hours. 

The other 97% can be summarised in 1 minute. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You said that the other 97% only takes 1 minute

This is a poor attempt. @Stevo985 and other will have a much better attempt on shitting on me.  Given the confusion on what we was talking about. 

Edited by Bugzy1991

3 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Poor attempt at what? I just quoted you.

I said summarized.  And it took me less than 1 minute to type that. 

So anyway. Ranieri is worth less than 1% to that Leicester side. Discuss. 

Edited by Bugzy1991
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He's done good and bad jobs at other clubs like 95% of managers out there.

Brilliant in his first spell at Valencia, less so in his second. Disaster at Atletico Madrid. So so at Chelsea, great escape at Parma, excellent 2nd place finish at Roma in 2009/10 when they could've easily pipped Mourinho's Inter to the league title then afterwards he became journeyman manager. As you say awful at Greece and then he wins a premier league title a year later. Bit like Nigel Pearson getting sacked from a Belgium second division club and six months later he's beating Liverpool 3-0. How much of Watford revival is down to him then?

Tell you what, I can do a better deal than the other guy. Give me $88k and I can tell you.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What kind of businessman or company offers their services and then mistakes their offer as a bet?

Why do we have to escrow it? You won’t be receiving the money unless I’m happy with what I receive anyway. I’m paying for your service.

But if you insist then I nominate @NurembergVillan  I’m sure he’s up for a laugh

Unless @limpid knows of a reason why I shouldn't then, yeah, why not?  I have a USD account we can use.

What's even the bet again? See in the OP of this split from Newcastle thread it was just Newcastle would get relegated next season which would hardly be the biggest shock in the world. I also very much doubt SB will still be Newcastle manager this time next year. It's a bit like three years ago when WBA fans were grumbling about Pulis and then they had a really poor first three months of 17/18 and he was sacked.

Newcastle get off to a really poor start next season he'll be out. They may even finally have new ownership by then.

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

What's even the bet again? See in the OP of this split from Newcastle thread it was just Newcastle would get relegated next season which would hardly be the biggest shock in the world. I also very much doubt SB will still be Newcastle manager this time next year. It's a bit like three years ago when WBA fans were grumbling about Pulis and then they had a really poor first three months of 17/18 and he was sacked.

Newcastle get off to a really poor start next season he'll be out. They may even finally have new ownership by then.

gharpz bugzy claimed that managers have only a 3% influence on how a team performs. When asked to show how he came to that conclusion (which would be genuinely interesting), and to show how the other 97% was distributed, he had the audacity to suggest that we should pay him $250 :D

Imagine going on a football forum, expressing a controversial opinion, and when asked to back it up telling people they need to pay for it.

Anyway, he never expected someone to take him up on it and when I did he moved the goalposts and raised the price to $100k so that nobody would ever be able to pay him for it and he'd never have to show his workings which don't exist.

So basically he was talking nonsense and hasn't been able to back up any of his audacious claims.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Unless @limpid knows of a reason why I shouldn't then, yeah, why not?  I have a USD account we can use.

Nah, I got bored and bugz couldn't provide what was asked for either.

My offer to donate to Acorns still stands if bugzy can back up anything he's saying with actual figures. I'll post the evidence in here.

Edited by Stevo985

Â