The value of managers

Bugzy1991

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Has anyone said it was solely down to him?

Has anyone said Leicester winning was solely down to Ranieri?

Did I say It was solely down to him? 

Did I say Leicester team was solely down to him? No? 

You keep trying to make some smart ass point which nobody has made. Is ranieri shift on the team winning more than 3%? Hell no. Otherwise multiple teams would hire him so so fast if he's capable of that much influence..

Everything in this thread just shows why bookies a multi billion profit industry. It's actually amazing.

Edited by Bugzy1991

4 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Did I say It was solely down to him? 

Did I say Leicester team was solely down to him? No? 

No. Why would you say that? But that seems to be what you think people are saying about Ranieri. When nobody has said that.

You keep trying to make some smart ass point which nobody has made. 

Well this is ironic

Is ranieri shift on the team winning more than 3%? Hell no. Otherwise multiple teams would hire him so so fast if he's capable of that much influence..

Could you show your working to get to 3% please? Third time I've asked and you've dodged the question every time.

Everything in this thread just shows why bookies a multi billion profit industry. It's actually amazing.

Could you explain how people saying Ranieri deserves some credit and overachieved at leicester, which is all anyone has said in this thread, makes bookies billions of pounds?

Edited by Stevo985

Except when Ranieri is involved, and the bookies lost an absolute fortune. 

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

No they never lol. To think this or take their media output as serious is amazing. 

How much money you think went on the top X teams that are above Leicester to win the prem? 

They won a killing still. Did they make as much as usual? No 

Edited by Bugzy1991

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Because he overachieved with Leicester. Probably deserves some credit for that

Irrelevant, however, I actually think bookies much prefer it when the big outsider wins, they pay out much less money as relatively few people back them. 
It costs them a fortune when the massive favourites win (even though the odds are crap).

In a non argumentative question. 

How much influence do you guys think a manager can possibly have over a team performance in 38 games? 

I'm actually curious now. 

Why arnt managers worth way more money if it's the case? ( Ignore the very top managers because they create actual equity shifts) 

Edited by Bugzy1991

3 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

In a non argumentative question. 

How much influence do you guys think a manager can possibly have over a team performance? 

I'm actually curious now. 

Sometimes quite a lot, sometimes barely anything. Again I don't know how you quantify it to a %.

Over the course of a season, generally the manager will have had SOME influence and therefore deserves credit (or blame) for what the team has produced. This does not mean they deserve ALL the credit or blame. Nor is it denying that there are plenty of other factors involved. It's merely acknowledging them as A factor in a team's performance.

Are you going to answer anyone else's questions or just continue to dodge them?

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Bugzy1991 said:
3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Irrelevant, however, I actually think bookies much prefer it when the big outsider wins, they pay out much less money as relatively few people back them. 
It costs them a fortune when the massive favourites win (even though the odds are crap).

You got it. Do they win as much as they want? In that one season? No. Because they don't need to align the exact odds compared to the top teams because how irrelevant it is. 

Now they shifting a little to make more money than they would before on that title run. 

43 minutes ago, Genie said:

It also casts a bit of a shadow over the "Bruce only avoids criticism in the media because they are all his mates" myth.

Seems the journalist in question used to work for Newcastle/ NUTV before being sacked/let go. Maybe he has a good source or maybe an axe to grind, Who knows but Saint-maximin was briliant for about an hour last night so he didn't look like he was too pissed off.

Maybe he was upset about not playing at the weekend and said something to someone, plenty of players i'm sure do whine about not being picked, especially if the consider themselves fit but if the medical lot are saying not to play him then they generally have the final say.

Most people have been criticising Bruce for playing injured players/rushing them back due to nobody else available, He decides not to risk someone on this occasion as they had cover & also gets slaughtered for it...

Edited by LakotaDakota

There is no way to put a number on it, but clearly the person who is responsible for choosing which 11 players play each week, and who gets substituted when, and in what formation they line up, has more than a completely negligible effect. 

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Surely at the very least managers pick the XI, set the formation and tactics, make the subs and create the dressing room atmosphere?  That sounds like more than 3% to me.

No. Can they choose to tank that percentage if they want to? Sure. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sometimes quite a lot, sometimes barely anything. Again I don't know how you quantify it to a %.

Over the course of a season, generally the manager will have had SOME influence and therefore deserves credit (or blame) for what the team has produced. This does not mean they deserve ALL the credit or blame. Nor is it denying that there are plenty of other factors involved. It's merely acknowledging them as A factor in a team's performance.

Are you going to answer anyone else's questions or just continue to dodge them?

Exactly. If Ranieri had no influence, why has the team been nowhere near the title in their entire history before him, and whole future after him?

Until he starts giving calculations, then it's clear he doesn't actually know anything. After all, there's a reason he's involved in betting and not football.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Exactly. If Ranieri had no influence, why has the team been nowhere near the title in their entire history before him, and whole future after him?

Until he starts giving calculations, then it's clear he doesn't actually know anything. After all, there's a reason he's involved in betting and not football.

Why has no team after ranieri been close to it? If he's capable of that much influence.

Betting is more valuable than every casual opinion in the world. Your sentence just shows why betting is more valuable. Go bet everytime a manager gets hired and see how much influence they have. 

Edited by Bugzy1991

5 minutes ago, Bugzy1991 said:

Why has no team after ranieri been close to it? If he's capable of that much influence.

When you start answering questions with answers, and not more questions, we'll start taking you seriously.

Give us the figures on why Ranieri only deserves 3% praise, and where that other 97% is distributed, and we'll believe you.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with Newcastle i know but For those that wan't some Leicester numbers:

Jamie Vardy, 80%

Whatever Jamie Vardy was snorting 10%

Ranieri %5

Mahrez 2%

Kante 2%

Everyone else 0.9%

Stupid plastic clappers 0.1%

Edited by LakotaDakota

Â