Carney Chukwuemeka

Villan4Life

I'm not bothered by Carney reportedly wanting out.  There will be enough interest in him to net us a huge profit and a sizable sell on clause if he ends up becoming a star.  If he fades into obscurity, we'll be the ones laughing holding the bag.  There are a lot of good youth players in the team coming through.  Giving into the reportedly ridiculous wage demands by his agent will only cause the rest of the youngsters in the squad to expect the same.  

Also, Daniel Crowley was the biggest youth prospect we've had at Villa in the past 20 years...  Bigger than Grealish...  Bigger than Gary Gardner pre-two broken legs...  He fooked off to Arsenal for practically nothing (200K) in 2013 and it was seen as one of the biggest blunders of the Lerner era...  He didn't make a single appearance for the Arsenal first team and plays for one of the worst clubs in the Eredivisie now.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I'm not bothered by Carney reportedly wanting out.  There will be enough interest in him to net us a huge profit and a sizable sell on clause if he ends up becoming a star.  If he fades into obscurity, we'll be the ones laughing holding the bag.  There are a lot of good youth players in the team coming through.  Giving into the reportedly ridiculous wage demands by his agent will only cause the rest of the youngsters in the squad to expect the same.  

Also, Daniel Crowley was the biggest youth prospect we've had at Villa in the past 20 years...  Bigger than Grealish...  Bigger than Gary Gardner pre-two broken legs...  He fooked off to Arsenal for practically nothing (200K) in 2013 and it was seen as one of the biggest blunders of the Lerner era...  He didn't make a single appearance for the Arsenal first team and plays for one of the worst clubs in the Eredivisie now.  

Only if he is sold this window.

1 hour ago, useless said:

His contract only lasts until November 2023 if he signed a three year deal after his seventeenth birthday, which I think is what was reported at the time and would make sense, but if he signed a two and a half year deal, then his contract will run out next June and therefore be a free agent that summer if he hasn't signed a new deal with us or someone else before then.

His contract runs to June 2023

Just now, By the arse of McGinn said:

Surely the £100K stories can’t be true? Can they??

If they are then I suggest Carney should quit football and take up stand up comedy. 

Has an 18 year old ever been on £100k p/w?

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I was joking, sorry. I will amend my post as I didn't want to be rude. 

Just now, By the arse of McGinn said:

No need man, I probably read it wrong. It’s all good 👍

So now that we're all friends.... an answer to the question? 😜

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Is it really going to be that detrimental to his development if he is playing U21 football for the next 11 months?

Doubt he will be playing any age football for us, why would we?

I believe that contractually we just have to keep training him.

Edited by Nigel

Why are people entertaining the idea of the £100k stories being true, of course they're not, Football Insider are about the most unreliable source going, they just make random stuff up.

• Like 2

If he doesn't sign a contract, he wont be played at any level, and if he isn't sold he cant play for anybody for a whole year. Absolute mad situation.
Well done to whoever is advising him, you absolute bellend.

• Like 2

Â